Los Angeles lunatic tightrope walks between two skyscrapers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/21/los-angeles-lunatic-tightrope-walks-between-two-skyscrapers.html

5 Likes

Won’t live up to this similar stunt though:

(No safety harness.)

22 Likes

…he was wearing a safety harness…

A safety harness?! This generation truly is soft as a marshmallow.

6 Likes

Yes, how dare he want to spare innocent bystanders below the horror of watching him splatter on the street below.

8 Likes

Not a concern if he’s any good.

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Even the best tightrope walker can have a bad day and make mistakes. :woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

Just nope.

12 Likes

Or have a sudden gust of wind come out of nowhere, or have a bird fly into his face, or who knows what all could happen. I don’t think anyone would say that Karl Wallenda wasn’t any good, and he fell to his death in Puerto Rico doing this exact same thing. One of his sons was left a paraplegic after a tightrope accident. It’s an inherently dangerous activity, which is why they call these people daredevils.

12 Likes

I say “Idiots,” but OK.

12 Likes

Tomato potato.

11 Likes

Came here for this. :+1:

1 Like

I mean Evel Knievel was good, too and he also had mishaps…

5 Likes

Normally I’d be more concerned about the possibility of him splattering into bystanders or even passing cars but from the video it looks like these two towers weren’t on opposite sides of an active thoroughfare so at least that’s something.

6 Likes

You know what jokes are, right?

Yeah, and the buildings are apparently currently vacant. They have attracted graffiti artists, and now a daredevil. They should probably look into improving security there before someone gets hurt.

Oh, I do! Requirement #1: be funny. The comment Mindy was replying to failed that test.

6 Likes

high quality GIF

If people want to be clearly understood in text, they can certainly signal things like sarcasm and the like… I (and, you know, NO ONE) can read people’s minds, so if the intent isn’t clear in the text, it’s possible to be misunderstood.

4 Likes

season 9 GIF

2 Likes

Nooooppeeee.

3 Likes

One of my favorite movies ever, truly

3 Likes

Just thinking about it scares me :scream::smile::+1:

3 Likes