Major advertisers are fleeing Twitter, says Washington Post

I imagine it would make other companies feel like they’re in good company.

(Insomuch that a soulless financial entity can feel anything…)

7 Likes

That kind of rejection must really sting after he sent the planet a free car.

19 Likes
  1. Tie a yellow ribbon… etc.
6 Likes

Who the hell do you advertise to? Average Joe isn’t buying anything from Space X.

7 Likes

“I hate tools!” Says Mark Frauenfelder.

DIY crowd goes crazy. Pitchforks.

13 Likes

Starlink. Whether or not they’re capable for filling orders at the current time :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yeah I’d think that SpaceX would focus its marketing efforts on pitches to government entities and multibillion dollar communications companies. This seems like a pretty transparent attempt by Musk to keep one of his companies afloat at the expense of another, and I can’t imagine that’s going to sit well with shareholders.

15 Likes

15 Likes

Caught up with a friend who live in a rural area outside of Topeka, KS whose only access to internet is crappy DSL. :frowning: He had a preorder in for Star Link abut canceled it after nearly 2 years because they kept jerking him around.

11 Likes
19 Likes

So, him, the Chinese, the Russians, the North Koreans, Iranians….

6 Likes

This is good. Because for all the advertisers hem and haw, they have the attention span of a goldfish and a strong herd mentality. If people keep using twitter the advertisers will return as soon as they are sure they won’t stand out from the crowd. Individual users however, have incredible inertia and hold grudges forever. Users who leave and find another place to hang out are not going to come back.

17 Likes

So blame everyone but himself. Why am I not surprised

16 Likes

I shudder to think what kinds of bribes the richest man in the world will be taking.

17 Likes

I fear it is more along the lines of who will be sacrificed.

16 Likes

Isn’t it neat how people who lie all the damn time just get worse and worse at it?

23 Likes

Not the first time he’s done this, either - he apparently committed some light fraud and, uh, misrepresented the facts so that Tesla would buy SolarCity and quietly bury its problems.

11 Likes

If you’re cutting the ad budget anyway, since 2023’s not looking all that hot, why wouldn’t you drop adverting on Twitter first? And there’s no one left selling ad space at Twitter to try and change your mind.

15 Likes

There could be all sorts of horrible things but honestly I think as much of a problem is that one is probably just saying nice and flattering things about him. It didn’t take long for people to discover that was a root password for Trump.

18 Likes

At this rate, the list of advertisers that have pulled out is going to be both super short and incredibly long at the same time - “All of them.”

12 Likes