Making a habit of peeing in the shower can lead to an inconvenient Pavlovian response to the sounds of running water

Certainly not now!!

6 Likes

I think the male equivalent would be trying to pee with an erection. There is a block, but it can be overcome.

But maybe not as gross as peeing in the bath and marinating in it.

5 Likes
7 Likes

For men at least, I assumed the splash of urine into water is what gives many of them the urge to pee when hearing running/trickling water. Hence its use as a trope. (Character has to pee, and there is a fountain squirting, water hose running, etc.)

2 Likes

Well, no, but I hope this isn’t a strict either/or thing.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m afraid to say her advice has come too late and that ship has already sailed. I’ll pee in the shower if I want to. When you’re on a well and a septic system, you conserve. I don’t have any problem with running water visuals or sound triggering a need. And it’s not like I’m standing in a pool of it, it washes right down the drain. But you guys do what you’re comfortable with.

10 Likes

Probably good advice anyhow for the folks in western states who are experiencing drought conditions (again).

6 Likes

Can I put the sound of running water as my phone ring and see how it will affect my coworkers?

4 Likes

I’m having a pavlovian response RIGHT NOW!

Oh dear, I’ll fetch a mop.

14 Likes

It’s all urine pee pee…

8 Likes

Urine trouble now, son!!

14 Likes

Don’t get pissy with me!

10 Likes

I’d always assumed the Pavlovian response came first.

2 Likes

I guess Daniel LaRusso has a new way of getting even at Armand Zarkarian, landlord of the Reseda strip mall that Cobra Kai is located in – he can play water sounds.

2 Likes

I suspect the number is closer to 100% – which, granted, is different from the number of people who allow themselves to do so.

4 Likes

Me too, except the urge to urinate. Libraries had that effect, too.

2 Likes

Nope. I’d feel like I’d be pissing on myself which would just ruin the shower.

But wouldn’t that be just like being drunk, without all the other fuss and bother? :thinking:

5 Likes

Wait, that isn’t training for the time when your prostate is pressing on your ureter in old age, and everything only drips silently?

1 Like

Urine trouble now!

Oops, I should have know someone would beat me to it. @milliefink

That’ll teach me to read the thread in full before replying.

(S. car. go, anyone?)

1 Like