Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

Thank You. We’ve been finding ways to have contact without having contact to stay safe.

3 Likes

@gremlin
@MrShiv
@Mindysan33
thanks! yeah, my buddy really knows his stuff. it’s interesting to learn all the techniques and hacks as we go.

the double deck was down in McDonough, which was highly unusual. pretty much all his gigs are up in the rich north neighborhoods. the raised concrete was done up by Tilly Mill Rd near the GSU satellite campus. I didn’t take any pictures but the thing we did today was north of Buckhead somewhere; they had an elevator in their house.

6 Likes

Very on brand for Buckhead.

5 Likes

No lasers (even if I do covet one of those sweet machines), just a fretsaw, and a 50 cent coin to draw the “waves”.
Problem was, I wanted to hide the edges of that plywood, thin as it is, but the phone wasn’t going to fit. So I thought right then, I cannot hide it? I’ll crenellate the cr@p off it! And it ended looking decent enough.
Always listen to your inner demon, he knows.

9 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with a winter garden this year (Aurora IL, zone 5b) In late September I set red russian kale and kohlrabi and theyve been under cover since late October. Applied an inch of compost in early November. I did a pick of kale at Thanksgiving. Winter has been fairly mild but we did have a whole week below freezing earlier. Overall looking good, so far.

There’s a volunteer lettuce in there too so it gets named @j9c

15 Likes

:laughing:

Lovin’ it! Good on ya!

7 Likes

New year’s eve bonfire effigy is ready to go

17 Likes

make us a video…

7 Likes

Although I fully support burning things in effigy, I will admit that (personally) 2021 was vastly better than 2020. Even though it was a plague year from start to finish, at least we had the vaccine, and (in the USA) we didn’t have the orange one dominating every moment of the news.

8 Likes

2020 was the first effigy. We like the idea of inscribing our grievances on it so we are repeating this year, but admittedly there are far fewer greivances

11 Likes

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

13 Likes

I don’t know… I kind of just think it was a different kind of horrible?

6 Likes

I prefer to think of it as a better kind of horrible.

Hey, I know it’s a reach :man_shrugging:t3: and I still fully support burning 2021 in effigy.

7 Likes

I mean, the year started with an attempted insurrection, so…

Who Knows Idk GIF

laugh lol GIF by The IT Crowd

Not that I think 2022 is going to be better… it’s an election year, after all…

9 Likes

And “A better kind of horrible” would fit some of the candidates nicely.

6 Likes

Damn it @Mindysan33, I was conveniently ignoring Jan. 6! Can’t I move that into 2020 where it belongs? Kind of like calling London Calling the greatest album of the 1970s even though it was released in January 1980?

Now you’ve sent me over to

7 Likes

I’d love to, but let’s not, I guess… given that it’s still ongoing…

It’s always a good idea to go to the unicorn chaser thread in these dark times…

6 Likes

Happy New Year!

20220101_000243_1

20 Likes

Thanks Thank You GIF by Mailchimp

11 Likes

2021-based depression crippled my songwriting , but I finally pulled this tune together at the end. Cheers all: Stream Rhyming != Repeating by Ryan Spilken | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

6 Likes