Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

Not per say. In my mind though, it would be quite easy for the bit to contact a side of the cutout other than the one you are intending to shape, resulting a sudden change in direction that the work piece wants to move. Having a small piece like that jerked around, potentially sent flying and fingers being pulled into the bit just gives me the willys. That Rockler work piece holder would make me feel a lot better about it though! I may have to check that out myself!

3 Likes

That’s a good tip to be aware of. Thank you from someone who regularly injures himself.

Last one was removing my entire thumbnail and part of the nail bed on a miter saw.

My wife comes looking for me if I’m in the garage too long without poking my head out.

6 Likes

I am not allowed to be on a ladder with a chainsaw unless someone else is available to dial 911.

(Nothing has ever happened that required this, it’s just that my daughter insists on it.)

8 Likes

that’s just good sense, man!

9 Likes

Your daughter sounds like a wise person filled with foresight.

7 Likes

I have to get on top of things pretty high in the air, it’s usually slippery.

My wife thinks holding the ladder will keep me safe, I’m constantly telling her not to do that, if I fall on top of her we’re both out of commission but more importantly someone needs to be able to call 911.

Two years ago I fell from the roof of a 60’ boat, about 8 feet down, bounced off a marble counter, and landed face down on the ladder. We finished the job but then I took a couple days off and no more roofs. As the bruises appeared you could clearly see the ladder.

Because of meds bleeding is always a concern.

Boomer Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

5 Likes

Costumes made by lovely wife. Pictured here is my daughter and her boyfriend as characters from the game “Valorant”

16 Likes

Nice! Are they at a con or what?

7 Likes

Woah. A seamstress like your wife is a cosplayer’s dream come true. The details and fit are really good!.

11 Likes

Indeed.

9 Likes

Yay! I hope the geeky babies are having a good time!

7 Likes

She’s also been teaching the boyfriend to sew. I believe he made the satchel and some of the accessories on his own machine, and hand-sewed some of the smaller details. He also printed up the mask and other items in PLA.

13 Likes

I wish I had a sewing mentor! Videos just don’t cut it a lot of the time

12 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

7 Likes

Alright, about done with my first sample on my new loom (cheap dollar store acrylic never looked so good) Then I just have to measure it extensively and give it a wash, and measure it again after it dries. Curious what amount of weave snugness will end up better.

22 Likes

Cool!

Ms. Shiv has two large looms (loaned from loom-y friends) that she’s never actually used, because they are crammed into corners of dimly lit rooms. We’re fixing that problem this month with a complete basement tear-out.

16 Likes

Kinda gloomy you might say

9 Likes

so the barn-door garage conversion is near done. after the drywall crew, I did the baseboards and a hatch for hvac access, and we built the stairs, the sink cabinet, shelves, and floating island; trimmed out all the windows; finished the closet and made a bookshelf upstairs; as well as sweeping and vacuuming about 10 pounds of drywall dust out of there.

14 Likes

Not sure if this counts, it’s pretty ephemeral. The intended recipient is 6, so I’m not entirely sure why I bothered. She will probably rip thru to get at the toy :joy:

17 Likes

First beer of the year. A west coast IPA made using hops from my garden. Also throwing in some strawberries and raspberries from last year because why not.

I made a bit of a mess with the grain, spilling a little.

Also making whole wheat bread using the spent grain.

15 Likes