Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

Technique geek here: at what consistency do you use your paints? The only relief I see is from a few highlight marks on the dog.

1 Like

I think you may have replied to the wrong person. @knoxblox did the painting, and I’m assuming @Kimmo did some editing of the digital image.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just applied a perspective correction to @knoxblox’s photo.

1 Like

Well, thank you so much!

1 Like

It a day book- lists, notes, reminders, etc. I sometimes buy them from Field Notes, but I make them from time to time too. I carry an active one and the previous in my bag, and they’re where I put all manner of small daily notes.
I have other notebooks for work/projects/journaling but these are the perfect size and shape for a pocket.
Full ones get filed by date. Front covers get start date and end date for the contents; rear covers get stamped with the build date for the notebook.

5 Likes

Here it is with feathers.

At the Tiki Room they use fur to cover most of the birds’ bodies, and just accentuate with feathers. It probably would have ended up a little less scruffy-looking if I’d done it that way. But if there’s any place where a scruffy parrot is appropriate, it’s on the shoulder of a pirate.

16 Likes

Why the triangular dot grid?

1 Like

I find it the least intrusive and most useful pattern for me- it lets me draw straight & perpendicular lines, and the offsets are useful for indentations and list making.
One of my more recent notebooks had 6 or 8 different grid patterns for testing- this was my favorite.

8 Likes

At long last, Iron Man gloves:

17 Likes

Been working on version 2 of my mini arcade cabinet. This time it’s battery powered.

20 Likes

Ras Pi?

1 Like

First completed sock! (Tin Can Knit’s Rye in Lion Brand Oxford Grey Wool-Ease. Color’s a bit off because camera and my laziness.)

10 Likes

It looks small, but I have NFI how small.

Really? The one I hear and use is “arm gaskets”. Suit yourself

1 Like

Yeah. Raspberry Pi 3. The first version used a revision 2 model B. Having built in Wi-Fi is a godsend.

4 Likes

Roughly 1/8 scale.

1 Like

nice. I’ve got one in a box waiting for a project. And time.

I can finally post my latest project because it has gone live on their website:

https://desertbus.org/giveaway/25

I made a Desert Bus automata based off the old Pen and Teller Smoke and Mirrors mini game of that name.

If you’ve never seen the Desert Bus for Hope charity drive before it is starting next weekend on the 12th.

15 Likes

Thank you for sharing this pattern!

3 Likes

Following up again… I have been making music pretty consistently throughout 2016. Where there are gaps in my own “serial” project, I was working on remixes for St. Louis Osuwa Taiko’s album Misotose.

In the last couple of weeks I’ve put together a starter modular synthesizer, spurred on by a charity auction held on the KVR Audio forums. Mutable Instruments Tides, Peaks and Rings, and a Doepfer A-133 Dual VC Polarizer so far. The enclosure is semi-DIY – a Totally Bamboo silverware drawer organizer box from Amazon, with some wood strips cut to size to make an internal frame and “rails” to attach the modules to. (Maybe pictures soon, but I still need to drill pilot holes and screw the modules and blank panels down, probably tonight.) In Eurorack terms, it’s 3U, 75hp – pretty small but it fits my workspace well. Mostly I intended to to save money, but my spouse has tentative plans to woodburn a new band logo for me onto the box.

My plan is to add, in the next 2-3 months, a MengQi DPLPG and Expert Sleepers Disting MK3, and after that probably a Mannequins Three Sisters and a Noise Engineering Ataraxic Translatron, and call it done.

Also I’ve written myself a couple of VST plugins. One of them, ByteBeater, is released as open source (http://starthief.net/ByteBeater.zip) – a lofi/fakebit/digital noise synth based on bytebeat techniques. The other, Fnord, is in progress – a noise generator/oscillator inspired by Turing Machine and Malaclypse Eurorack modules; it’s a small noise table with an adjustable amount of random evolution over time. I’ve been using these two in my music recently along with the modular stuff.

So my last few tracks are generally even more experimental than my usual. :slight_smile: And I’ve just noticed I typo’d one of my track titles in the MP3 metadata :sweat:

5 Likes