Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

This is something that thus far we have only really shared with friends and family. The best way to say it, is that it represents our life’s work. So, without much more ado, here is the Soundcloud of an ongoing music project my partner and I mutually create, Unstoppable Gizmoa.

Unstoppable Gizmoa is produced by two humans and a wide array of anthropomorphized, mostly electronic, musical implements in loving concert.

When the thoughts in your brain make your body unbearable try some Unstoppable Gizmoa!

4 Likes

Here’s the box assembled. It’s a tight-fitting 74hp, not 75 as I thought; that would be okay but the holes gave me fits, and are not terribly well aligned.

Swapping out the blank panels for new modules is going to require complete disassembly, and honestly I think I’m just going to get proper rails or a premade enclosure and be done with it. I’m a musician, not a carpenter.

11 Likes

Wanted to display this crochet piece in its native environment.

11 Likes

Clever!

3 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile: The little one I made it for did not get the connection between the real video and her new toy. Not so sure if this did it, but I had fun making it.

2 Likes

13 Likes

I made this. Feel free to repost anywhere online, as much as you like.

Or not.

12 Likes

I’m halfway through my full-size one - something I’ve wanted to do for years.

This has a Raspberry Pi 3 with Retropie and a Xin Mo encoder, but I really want to wire in a JAMMA harness rather than play emulated games.

It still needs a bunch of tidying - T-molding, perspex and a marque etc, but it’s operating. Of course, the fact that it actually works means it may be years before I get around to the cosmetics!

15 Likes

I modified an old cocktail style trivia machine into a coffee table a couple years back. This pic is from before I stained the base:

I also used a Xin Mo encoder and had a Raspberry Pi B+ Rev 2 in there but I wasn’t happy with the selection of games available. I ended up getting a small desktop pc from ebay and slotting it in there, but not before having to recompile the Raspbian kernel to get the Xin Mo working.

On the micro cabinet I’m using the GPIO pins to save space and reduce power draw. Even then it still looks like a mess inside. I have some ideas on how I would make it cleaner if I ever get the itch again.

15 Likes

I hope you don’t mind if I shamelessly copy this for myself.

3 Likes

Please do!

1 Like

So here’s my response to the election…

I was thinking of having the little heads speaking or thinking various stuff, any suggestions?

9 Likes

Come on guys, you got nothing? I can’t believe that.

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s just a little bit too soon?

6 Likes

I thought it said “Ghetto Jesus” and he was sporting an orange Afro, so I was backing away slowly from my keyboard. :no_mouth:

12 Likes

My only suggestion is to maybe change the font so cheeto doesn’t look like ghetto. In terms of the election response I think you hit the nail on the head, I especially like the added touch of the little swastikas.

3 Likes

New song- Democracy’s Irish Wake.

Streaming on Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/mike-dolan-10/democracys-irish-wake

Download at my Patreon page.

3 Likes

1 Like

What does stand for other than himself? We have no idea. You could just have all the heads saying ME ME ME ME ME.

6 Likes

Yeah, that was kinda the idea with all the heads in front of the Cheeto halo, like what he has instead of a devil and an angel on his shoulder.

I’m thinking the bottom left one should be referring to somebody’s dick size, for example…

The top one can be silent, just him looking supremely smug is enough there, and that’ll preserve the symmetry.

2 Likes