Making, Crafting, Creating... aka Whatcha workin' on?

I paint on children’s clothes to make them more fun. This was for our 3 year old.

22 Likes

This is the back

26 Likes

A couple of Krampus ornaments for my brother.

It’s been a few years since I’ve done clay work. I’m using Sculpy polymer clay, and I dont like it, or I rather I need to figure out its peculiarities.

20 Likes

This one is for our second child. Currently 10 months. Thinking of replacing the badges with pyramid studs.
(front)

18 Likes

(back)

25 Likes

I’m always a sucker for cheap audio amps, and I wanted one to replace the frizzled amp on a nice set of stereo speakers. I don’t need Party Volume, just a few watts/channel. So, when I saw a set of speakers at the Dollarama, I took a chance and dropped $4. (I’ve been burned before by “stereo” speakers with a mono amp.)

This time, it looks pretty good: An actual stereo amp, pretty good small speakers, total crap plastic enclosures. (My general rule of these is that the speakers don’t do the amp justice, and the case never does the speakers justice. I haven’t verified the former yet, but the later is definitely true.)

Powered by 5V from USB. It has a volume control that should be easy to bypass when copper-oxide happens. An unused set of pads for a power LED, which usually subs for emergency lighting, especially when blue. I might stick an improv heat sink to the amp ICs.

I don’t know what to do with the speakers yet. A little hot-melt glue would stick them in my “brass” speaker holders.

12 Likes

Got my first shift at the Beaconsfield craft shop tomorrow. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a non-profit community co-op thing; if you staff the store one day a month, they let you sell your stuff there.

30 Likes

Neat! That sounds cool!

5 Likes

Holy cow, this stuff is bright!

I’m making a “neon” sign.

18 Likes

A rug advances towards its birth.

23 Likes

How big is it? I cannot tell if it’s 3 inches diameter or 30. Thanks

3 Likes

That one was about 20cm diameter, IIRC.

My smallest bowls are about 10cm, the biggest ones about 25cm.

6 Likes

Cutting a test letter on the CNC machine:

12 Likes

F is for Forrest.

Full-sized sign will be 5m wide.

23 Likes

Almost done with my workshop stool and my brother’s house:

Just waiting for some glue to dry before I attach the roof and baseplate.

20 Likes

Booked a stall to sell my bowls at the Beaconsfield markets tomorrow…

31 Likes

Good luck wishes for rapid sales. :crossed_fingers:

14 Likes

I actually got the date wrong (thanks to it being not on the normal day due to holiday season). The markets are on the 18th this month; no harm done.

OTOH, I heard from the coop craft store today: somebody bought one of my bowls. :slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

16 Likes

I copped a speaker that Rob posted about. it’s really great but the buttons are hard to see, particularly since it sounds better laying on its back. so I made a little project on my day off

@beschizza this is what I was talking about in your thread. to cover the JBL logo I’d thin black acrylic paint with a bit of water on the brush and go over just the logo area (roughly) and let it dry (space heater/blow dryer for 10x bonus). it’ll be semi-translucent. build up layers until the logo is gone, then do a couple smooth layers over the entire grille so it looks even. poke out paint in the holes with a toothpick.
it should be pretty tenacious but not sure about this use-case. my old one lasted longer than the tape-drive motor on my boom box.
also, I highly recommend the bezel. just clip to your belt loop and go.

15 Likes