Man arrested for egging 85-year-old neighbor's house over 100 times

Eggspletive deleted.

8 Likes

i noticed that too, though in a different way. for once, i thought, the bail seems appropriate.

bail is meant to ensure a person who may have committed a crime – still innocent until proven guilty – shows up for trial. the eighth amendment even starts off with it.

these days, bail has become punitive, set far beyond what people can afford. it puts pressure on people without means to agree to plea deals; because otherwise they have to wait in jail for their trial date. the bailbonds industry – to loan money for bail – is another part of prison privatization. and, in some areas, is ripe with corruption and kickbacks to judges.

this is from 2010, but says 2/3rds of those in jail are non-violent offenders who simply cannot afford their bail.

1 Like

Here to help with eggsact spelling! :chicken:

2 Likes

I laughed.

His criminal career is ova.

10 Likes

I think you’re done now.

1 Like

Lol, I had the same challenge! But it was ~80ft (from the top of a water tower) and we weren’t allowed to use parachutes. I had mechanical wings that unfolded as it fell and auto-rotated it down. The egg nestled near the top of a gently tapering cylinder of closed-cell foam whose point made a decently crushable first point of impact and whose length constricted the egg to a stop about halfway down (snugly enough it didn’t roll back out the top). Mine was the only one which survived!

5 Likes

Way to think outside the box!

I'll see myself out.
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.