Man busted for painting squirrels red

Originally published at: Man busted for painting squirrels red - Boing Boing

3 Likes

Not so harmless once they move from out in the backyard to inside your walls. There’s a trap on my roof right now waiting for the buggers to leave. I suspect it will be a while until it’s warm enough to tempt them back outside. Not that I want a squirrel-cicle up there.

8 Likes

“he felt by spray-painting them they wouldn’t come back. He’d also be able to know if it’s the same squirrels coming back.”

He sounds… nuts.

Say what you will about the guy, but the logic is sound. He would, indeed, be able to identify squirrels that came back. It’s cruel, but it seems more unintentionally cruel than anything - he could easily have killed them when he had the squirrels in traps, but didn’t. He just didn’t understand that the paint was harmful (to both the squirrels and any predators that might eat them).

4 Likes

Nope. I have to expect he could beat the charge handily the way that paint’s sold to humans. Using deterrents in the GRAS category, honestly benign enough.

1 Like

This individual should be spray painted in red as well to alert other living creatures of his arrival in the surrounding areas.

6 Likes

Or we could have “likes to paint squirrels” tattooed on his forehead?

8 Likes

Got to be one of the strangest hobbies read on a Tinder profile.

“Long walks in the country, painting squirrels, WLTM…”

8 Likes

I know red squirrels are endangered, but this isn’t the solution we were looking for.

12 Likes

Squirrel Nut GIF by EnBW

What!?

7 Likes

This man knew how to paint squirrels.

Amongst other things.

10 Likes

Note to self: Paint town red, not squirrels.

7 Likes

The Squirrelet Letter.

10 Likes

“painting squirrels” sounds like it should be an entry in the Urban Dictionary.

6 Likes

:notes: Bum bum bum bum
Painting the rodents red
We’re painting the rodents red
We dare not stop or waste a drop
So let the plague be spread!
We’re painting the rodents red
We’re painting the rodents red!

6 Likes

It is.

Surprisingly, SFW.

10 Likes

So, a version of “ducks in a row”.

5 Likes

I had a neighbor who used paintball guns. I’ve got to admit it was pretty funny seeing the blue, green and purple squirrels running around the block.

1 Like
2 Likes

How did they catch him?

3 Likes

Red-handed, obviously…

(i know you knew that)

6 Likes