Man charged with urinating on other flight passengers

Huh, and I thought Gerard Depardieu was currently in Russia…

3 Likes

Any other BB’ers born and raised within walking distance of that statue?

In any case, Manneken Pis saved Brussels by peeing on a stick of dynamite that was going to blow up the whole city. He’s the original anti-terrorist. Any attention he gets is good.

1 Like

No, but I used to work near there. It’s a tiny little statue, up on a building, and not particularly remarkable. Besides, it’s the only reason we’re even talking about Brussels on this thread. Free publicity!

1 Like

Either it was a very small city, or a multikiloton stick of dynamite I’d love to see.

(100 tons of TNT for the Trinity Test, for procedure walkthrough and instrument calibration)

3 Likes

Right! Well now I associate Brussels with public urination, because that guy up-thread made a fuss about using the image of that statue. Whereas I never would have before! :wink:

1 Like

Right. The bureaucrats from there are pissing on us without even having the courtesy of calling it rain.

1 Like

Well, the Manneken Pis is known across Europe. At least I know it in Austria.

Perhaps @kmoser feels slightly offended in the way people get when their national/regional landmarks are used out of context?

Mannekin Pis is apparently not well-known globally. I’m sure there are plenty of important American landmarks that mean something else for Americans than they do for people elsewhere… but I don’t think I know any :wink:

1 Like

There are a number of stories, none authoritative, but one thing I find interesting is that Flemish/Dutch folk tales often center around a young child saving a city.

1 Like

As expressed by @miasm, I like to believe that Portland as a destination made possible the headline that went “passenger charged”, rather than “passenger maimed”.

In some places “charged” could imply the use of a taser.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.