Man finds 3 ounces of weed hidden inside drink can purchased at Walmart

That rat bastard is a hell of a writer and I will never buy one of his books again. God, I can still feel it.

3 Likes

I guess there really arenā€™t any spoilers in a book I wonā€™t writeā€¦

Ever tell you about the time I read Palahniuk on a plane

Me buys latest Palahniuk at the airport, sits down in plane.
Me reads about a guys butt that gets sucked out.
Me passes out in horror with the Vomit bag to face.

To which I guess I give Chuck a:

3 Likes

Yes, please.

Did you read the ones that were actually about going to hell?

I think Iā€™ve read all his books, but like Coupland, all the good stuff is long in the past now. But I keep reading.

1 Like

No, I didnā€™t. Chuck has a very, very powerful voice. I have to read him in measured doses.

I really appreciated his short autobiographical story about passing a kidney stone. Helped me get through that one :smiley:

I wonā€™t go into too much detail, but letā€™s just say I learned that a small VW doesnā€™t have the same capabilities as say a Defender with a snorkel in Scotland when the roads have flooded.

Then again, speed and inertia are your friend.

2 Likes

Honestly, I donā€™t know if, say, Beautiful You is actually worse than Lullaby, or Invisible Monsters, or if itā€™s just more of the same, or Iā€™m not the same person in my late 30s that I was in my early/mid 20sā€¦

Ooh, now I see thereā€™s a new short story collectionā€¦

2 Likes

1 Like

I suspect @daneel knows the exact passage Iā€™m talking about. And any writer that can make you see white and Vomit in your mouth at the same time is a master.

1 Like

Guts? Didnā€™t I post it here before?

2 Likes

From haunted, yes.

Ima gonna go Vom right now.

2 Likes

True. The point of writing isnā€™t to make everyone feel good, itā€™s to make the reader actually FEEL and have an experience. I donā€™t know if Iā€™d be OK with having that kind of experience in such close proximity to a stranger, though.

1 Like

Aaaaand thatā€™s why I donā€™t read chuck in an airplane :smiley:

Iā€™ll be taking six flights later this month (guh) so Iā€™m looking for stuff to read and/or listen to. I got Fight Club in a humble audibook bundle a while back, but havenā€™t gotten around to listening to it. I donā€™t think this vacation will be that time.

1 Like

On the topic of finding drugs where you donā€™t expect them, someone actually dumped their stash in the wastebin on our porch. At first it looked like someone had just cleaned a box full of a bunch of random stuff out of their car, then we noticed some medical looking stuff - ampoules etc. Then my wife pointed out the crack pipe.

Thing is, Iā€™m happy that someone, for whatever reason, decided to get rid of a bunch of drug shit. lots of that stuff isnā€™t good for you. But seriously, THE BROWN BIN IS KITCHEN SCRAPS ONLY!!! unless you think your crack pipe is compostable, put it in the other damn bin.

5 Likes

I canā€™t stand the stuff either. Though I think my amusement at finding a drop in the refrigerated section of Wal-Mart might outweigh my annoyance at having to go back out for a tall, cold can of sweet tea.

Oh, wait, I hate that stuff, too.

And Wal-Mart.

2 Likes

Tobacco and tea are specifically contravened in Mormonismā€™s Word of Wisdom dietary law, but cannabis is not mentioned.

All illicit drugs are considered prohibited by the Word of Wisdom. Youā€™re given a pass on mostly anything your doctor might prescribe. Opiates and amphetamines (and alcohol, during Prohibition days) are just fine with a doctorā€™s prescription.

Since legalization and medical use havenā€™t come to SLC, I think the instructions from headquarters are still that cannabis is against the spirit of the law in any case even though it isnā€™t specifically called out in the Doctrine and Covenants. It will be interesting to see if prescriptions will be tolerated down the road.

Coincidentally, there are LDS people who believe that the Word of Wisdom commands they avoid Coca-Cola and other caffeine-bearing soft drinks. This is only cultural, not doctrinal. (Coffee and tea are prohibited though.) The same goes for Mormons who claim the WoW contravenes meat. It doesnā€™t.

Three ounces is more weed than Iā€™ve smoked in my years of lightweight use. According to the ads in the local free papers here in Northern California, mid-grade weed goes for about $25 for an eighth; itā€™s probably more expensive in Utah, but cheaper for multiple ounces, so maybe itā€™s $500 worth.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.