Man has alligator as emotional support animal

Actually, he bit everybody, since he never tried to bite no one. :smiley:

So the fact that the gator seems to like “hugs”; could that be because the gator is appreciating a heat source (being cold-blooded, as it is)?

2 Likes

Since I have no personal experiences with Alligators other than them crossing my path on the parking lot in Florida, I can’t say if they stay small in a small place - like fish in a tank. In case with the fish, they are emitting a hormone and based on the concentration of the hormone in the water, the feedback then determines whether the fish grows out to its natural size, or remains properly sized in a small aquarium.

Maybe the Alligator does not get as big as his wild relatives in a small apartment? :smiley:

1 Like

This is going to be an awesome special episode of Oprah, where 90 or so Whig MPs are asked not to look under their seats until later, when they give out the obligate omnivores. Even move back the State of the Union speech heedless of the Libertarian Familicide Event proceeding (drowning the state in a bathtub etc. etc. get knitting Grover Norquist)

Dear pseudo-virtual-broadcasters;
I would like to object to the previous reader note, as it requires someone who may not be on the outside to pay a ground shipping agent to ship back to their polity HQ in a state or other principality. Clearly this should be sent through the agents of emolument washing in an express fashion to suit the principality.

3 Likes

Take your upvote! You deserved it

It probably will get bigger than in the wild. It doesn’t have to expend most of its energy to find and kill food.

Probably at least medium dog eating size

1 Like

“He has never tried to bite no one,” never just snapped at thin air. All of his bites are directed at someone, some actual person. And he usually hits what he’s aiming at.

I don’t think this alligator is capable of offering emotional support since it has an ancient reptilian brain with no cortex and basically all survival bitey brain bits. Also, has the guy tried therapy? The options aren’t only medication or alligators.

1 Like

Yeah, I have no problem with people enjoying their unusual pets. But in public space what’s the point of a support animal if it’s making everyone else nervous and unsafe? Or dead?
It’s always the same thing, if your liberties as an individual start to be detrimental to other, you are doing it wrong.

There is no try, only do.

2 Likes

Probably. Although my understanding is that unlike most reptiles they do spend some time caring for their young.

Probably, but don’t discount the animals intelligence. They’re not developed enough to understand affection, love, or probably not even happiness in general. However they know food frequently comes from that other creature, it doesn’t seem to be a predator, it is warm, etc.

1 Like

Well a cold-blooded animal would be generous with “hugs” wouldn’t it? I mean you’re the warmest thing in the room so of course it wants to lie on you.

Didn’t think of the dolce vita part. But then, the fella could get lazy and fat, too. Watching TV all day. Must be interesting as well to see if it does ‘window shopping’ - like sitting on the window sill looking outside at prey walking by…

1 Like

Alligators are cold blooded. They spend half of their day just getting up to the body temperature to go kill their food. One indoors, being fed regularly will probably grow to full size in less time than one in the wild. Lazy and fat would still be a creature which is freaky big compared to a person.

“Must be interesting as well to see if it does ‘window shopping’ - like sitting on the window sill looking outside at prey walking by…”

Like my cats. They look at birds and construction workers as if they are prey waiting to be pounced on

3 Likes

Why are we calling pets “emotional support animals”?

Should we call our spouses “emotional support humans”? Our food, “Nutritional support materials”?

Is there a sale on extra letters somewhere I’m missing? With “Emotional support pricing”?

The animal provides emotional support to its nutritional support material until it is time to extract that nutritional support from the material and leave the body support calcium frame behind.

3 Likes

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

I adore Reptiles. In my eyes they are quite superior to anything else. They make no fuss. They adjust to a variety of environments and lay in the sun. I always thought about how much we would be in trouble if Alligators had a Cat brain and Cats an Alligator brain. The behavioral part thereof.
The ‘Catigator’ would be something to pay surplus attention to. But the Alligator with a Cat mind - the ‘Allieline’ - grew out of the little grey cloth mouse and requires more substantial ob/subjects to play with. 10 feet of Cat Mind with a tail that one better not let gently caress one’s cheek.
There is proof of the superiority of Felis Catus. They were here before us. They have the most sophisticated body for what they have evolved into. I often wonder how it would be, if my Felines would be the size of Tigers. Just mind the playing part. Here is my Babyboy:

1 Like

I don’t know much about alligators, but that they have some smarts would not surprise me; species’ success comes down to a combination of factors that usually include possessing some specific kind of intelligence.

This story I saw today may not indicate alligators’ intelligence?, but this type of animal that’s survived through a bunch of extinction events certainly can demonstrate some unexpected behaviors:

6 Likes