Man invents vagina glue for menstruating women to hold in menses, frustratedly explains vaginas to them

Not really. People were leaving them in for way long, this product supposedly releases the menses with urination. Unless the subject does not evacuate ever it shouldn’t be an issue.

Having said that this has got to be a joke/trolling product, right?

7 Likes

Isn’t menstruation only supposed to be 3-5 days on average, and the length of the cycle on the short end is 21 days? (Apologies if I am misinformed–working off documentation as mentioned)

5 Likes

[quote=“logruszed, post:22, topic:95613”]Having said that this has got to be a joke/trolling product, right?[/quote]I would hope so, but as noted above, it is from a chiropractor.

I am reminded of this story from last year, from a carpenter with no medical training; notably, we have heard nothing of it ever since.

8 Likes

Women should have come up with a better solution?
Well, one did.
It was a woman who invented the menstrual cup in the 1930s - an item that lets you completely forget about menstruation except for the 1 minute a day it takes to take it out, empty it, rinse it and put it back in.

What an ignorant idiot.

42 Likes

I just know me. Mine was ALWAYS seven days. ALWAYS. I was extremely thankful for The Pill - that helped with the cramps, but it still lasted longer than the “average.”

21 Likes

This makes way more sense to me than pussy glue, but still makes almost no practical sense unless you have a harem and a weird breeding program.

2 Likes

His product just seemed silly and unnecessary until I read his response. Jesus, this is the worst mansplaining I’ve ever seen. Like, messed up in the head bad.

17 Likes

…urine comes out of a different hole than periods do
Urine is not going to dissolve the glue.
nightmare fuel

17 Likes

those things are the best. It’s really sad they aren’t advertised more. Companies however, don’t like them because you buy one once and then don’t need to make trips to the store multiple times a year to replace your supply of pads/tampons… I find cups help with cramps too, and have heard the same from some of my friends though I have no idea why this is the case…

12 Likes

Pretty sure Bonzia Kittens used this and it would be considered prior art.

2 Likes

You’ve been played; this is a hoax.

1 Like

Perhaps he’s talking about sealing the labia, not the vagina itself? Still, even more unsafe.

7 Likes

And a man - although maybe that part was a given. When I saw it, I thought it must be a joke. Which it is, but…

Nope. He’s a real chiropractor (who talks about this in his LinkedIn profile) and he’s actually filed patents for this. If it’s a “hoax,” many business plans are, too.

16 Likes

I seem to recall that there are totally legit proponents of taking birth control hormones every day (i.e. instead of the four “sugar pills” included in standard birth control packs), thus eliminating one’s period entirely, on the basis that in prehistory a monthly cycle was exceptional.

Or is that also a load of utter hooey? I can’t say I’ve read anything about it recently.

4 Likes

One week-ish out of every four weeks. Yes, theoretically, period comes after 21 days.

5 Likes

You can do that some months, but it’s actually important for the uterus to clear itself out a few times a year. So whiel you can cut down on the number of periods you have yearly doing this, it’s a bad idea to do all the time.

12 Likes

Yeah that’s the average. But PMS symptoms can start earlier. Mine are short and light with mild infrequent cramps but I always get one or two migraines, often with vomiting, in the week leading up, and just general unpleasant feelings of being weak, tired, and just off. I started taking Imitrex this year for the migraines and it has been so great.

By the time it actually starts I’m relieved because all the really unpleasant symptoms usually go away on the first or second day.

So again to this inventor, the blood is not actually the biggest problem for many women. I don’t find pads too much of a bother and I’ve never tried tampons b/c they creep me out.

13 Likes

I know someone who did that in their twenties. I can’t say how healthy it was or if it had any long term effects, but it did work, as far as eliminating their monthly cycle went.

5 Likes

Yeah, they marketed a pill that reduced you to 4 a year, so every 3 months had a week of sugar pills. My friends used it, she might still.

7 Likes

“Think” is an overstrong word here.

7 Likes