Man pranks conservative radio show by naming a ton of punk bands in his liberal bash

Originally published at: Man pranks conservative radio show by naming a ton of punk bands in his liberal bash | Boing Boing

7 Likes

7 Likes

Those hosts might have caught on if he’d ended by saying, “So you know, I think we really need to just Rage Against the Machine, you know?”

12 Likes

What a bunch of fuckin goofs!

5 Likes

Impressive, but he missed an opportunity to throw in a reference to Dead Kennedys (the sado-populist radio hosts would have eaten that up).

If you’re talking about the hosts, yeah, they’re a bunch of Circle Jerks for sure.

20 Likes

I doubt if they would have picked up on that, either, and even if they had, they might have still said “Yeah! I love Rage Against the Machine.” Don’t forget, Paul Ryan unironically claimed he was a big RATM fan.

5 Likes

A Bunchofuckingoofs, yep. If they’d listened to Teenage Heads, they wouldn’t come off as Viletones and the joke would have been D.O.A. Probably against Dayglo Abortions, you figure? Well, the Chixdiggit. :slight_smile:

Take a hint, wingers.

The Diodes - Tired of Waking Up Tired.

3 Likes

Now he’s ruined two bands!

10 Likes

If I were to do that, I’d put a whole load of thought into a convoluted prank- dropping a whole load of references to song titles into my reply, or something, and approximately one person would notice.

3 Likes

Is it a “ton” of punk bands, though?
I want to say a burst of punk bands, but that might just be the voices.

8 Likes

Really more of a fartling.

7 Likes

Mobilize the Minutemen!

8 Likes

The Clash between christian values and the Bad Religion…

6 Likes

Yeah; you don’t need X-Ray Spex to see who is Exploited by this Damned bunch of Crass Stooges and their Rancid Public Image.

8 Likes

This furthers my theory that a lot of whackadoodle tweets or videos or interviews etc… are just pranksters or that other word we’re not allowed to use.

Well no. There are plenty of people out there posting terrible things and meaning it. This was obviously a harmless prank that the radio people did not get because they probably are not up on their punk bands…

Once again, we need to take these people seriously, as they are working hard to take down what democratic practices that we do have. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Yes we need to take the actual wackadoodles seriously but prank calls like this show there are people out there that are just screwing with the far right for hits or views or clicks or just attention.

I’m still trying to figure out how taking them seriously will change the behavior though.

That sounds more like a conjecture. Being generous, a hypothesis.

3 Likes

People are out here trying to stir up violence against groups of other people, partially through stuff posted online. We call that shit out for what it is and point out how dangerous it is for that toxic stuff to be posted online. We demand it gets taken down and we speak out against it.

What this guy did is not remotely the same as the BS that the alt-right has been doing for years and then claiming it was a “joke”… huge difference. Like light years apart.

10 Likes

Disappointed he didn’t reference Bad Religion. It would have been easy: “The Democrats are like a Bad Religion.”

2 Likes