Man sells $325 plastic baggies on Craigslist with free pot inside

This reminds me of how a friend described getting around anti-prostitution laws in another country. You ask the lady when she’s about to leave if she wants “cab fare” and she replies “up to you”. It’s generally known what a good “cab fare” is, for a “short time” or “long time” or “two girl short time” etc.

There’s a lot of other reasons to hate the state, like an attorney general that just “re-interpreted” the firearms laws for the past 18 years and now conflict with federal definitions, and $3.75 per hour parking in Boston.

It’s Western Massachusetts, not Stratford-upon-Avon!

1 Like

Nah, just spend some time up that way. I’m down in Mass.

1 Like

A $325 plastic baggie? I’d buy that for a nickel.

3 Likes

We’re getting no less than two in my neighborhood in the space of a few months, across the street from each other here near Cambridge.

As I understand it, as part of recreational legalization, a bunch of the ridiculous red tape that prevented any medical marijuana dispensaries from opening around here in the years since that passed has been trimmed away as well. On the deadline the state set (which has been moved out, against the will of the voters), medical marijuana shops can automatically become recreational stores if they desire. The three (!) that have opened thus far have publicly apologized for the lousy quality of their product as they’ve started up, because they have to run their own grow-houses and grow their own from scratch. Things will improve as the state lets them finally do their thing.

2 Likes

Uh, no. The people of Massachusetts voted in a referendum on decriminalization (2008), medical (2012), and recreational (2016). The government of Massachusetts fought against decriminalization, flatly refused to implement the medical laws which is why 4 fucking years later we have 3(!) count them 3(!!!) medical dispensaries that have to ration because they can’t get product. They are now fighting tooth and claw to keep against recreational marijuana and have already overwritten the original referendum, pushed its implementation date out, and threatened to axe even more from the referendum that the people passed. Honestly, I can’t imagine how the government of Massachusetts could possibly be fighting harder against the referendums that the people of Massachusetts passed, short of simply disallowing referendums. They literally refused and continue to refuse to implement the referendums. They deserve zero credit.

Massachusetts has a lot of great things about it. Our piece of shit corrupt government is not one of them. This is the same government had 4 speakers of the house in a row get tossed in jail on corruption. The 5th speaker was elected on a platform of adding term limits to that position to prevent power building up. When the term limits came up, he had the term limits repealed so he could keep his position. I am sure he will manage to be the 5th speaker in a row to land in jail on corruption.

5 Likes

Or different sized bags. Obviously a gallon sized freezer bag will be more expensive that a quart size bag. The extra price justifies a better free gift.

2 Likes

There’s nothing stopping people from buying multiple bags, as it’s currently set up. The obvious solution is just to sell different size bags.

Sure, but you clearly said “fuck this state.”

Who or what constitutes “this state”, the government or the people (of which you are one)?

Wow, your corrupt politicians actually get jailed for corruption?

That’s pretty awesome.

5 Likes

:open_mouth:

Metered street parking here can be $6.50 hour, with a 2-hour MAXimum, and if you go into a parking lot because you need longer time (or want to be off the street), well, it can easily be nearly $40 to see a movie.

2 Likes

That’s what I always say about my state: the reason everyone thinks it’s so corrupt is because we prosecute and sentence our corrupt politicians (at least some of the time). It’s the states who somehow never have any politicians in prison that I wonder about.

11 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be much if any metered parking in Boston proper AFAIK. The metered parking is in the neighborhoods, Cambridge/Somerville, and into the burbs. The parking rate there seems very reasonable to me.

The parking rate in Chicago, on the other hand, is absolutely insane.

1 Like

Four out of the last nine Illinois governors (Otto Kerner, Dan Walker, George Ryan, and Rod Blagojevich) were imprisoned on fraud or corruption charges.

3 Likes

You know what they say: the crud rises to the top. Wait…

5 Likes

In a few years, Trump will make Blago look wildly popular.

4 Likes

I’ll never know how much parking costs in Boston, because I never know where I’m going without freakin’ street signs.

I’ll never forget the first time I drove around here without a GPS and came to major intersections with no indication of what street was which; when I called a friend, they said “oh yeah… there’s places without street signs. It’s a thing here.” And they proceeded to give me directions measured in Dunkin’ Donuts. “Turn left at the Dunkies next to a church, then go until you see a Dunkies next to a CVS and turn right… then turn left where there used to be a Dunkies on the corner…”

11 Likes

[quote=“nungesser, post:59, topic:92185”]
"Turn left at the Dunkies next to a church, then go until you see a Dunkies next to a CVS and turn right… then turn left where there used to be a Dunkies on the corner…[/quote]

These are the most Bostonian directions ever… unless you mention that the Dunkies next to a CVS is across from the DeMoula’s Market Basket.

2 Likes

I once discussed with a friend creating some kind of game/walking-tour of Boston using only Dunkin Donuts as reference points. There always seems to be at least two in walking range, wherever you are.

4 Likes