Man unperturbed by armed robber

ya nylon 66… I don’t think I ever saw one IRL but I remember reading an article in a gun magazine when I was probably about 6, (cause according to the Wiki article, that’s about when they came out) . The magazine article had a “Gee Whiz” attitude and I guess I misinterpreted what was going on there. I remember I did think it wouldn’t be very accurate and I thought it would be a “zip gun” candidate ( the moral panic weapon of the time ) . I stopped reading gun magazines when I was about 10, the same time I stopped going to the barber :wink: ( damn hippy!)

3 Likes

surely we must have watched a different video? or, are you saying the robber lives at the bar. ( very confused )

personally, this is why i choose to live in a gated community with ex-navy seals as my private security force. i just can’t justify forcing my family to take turns sleeping and doing patrols night after night.

also, the risks of the gun getting misused seem way higher than gunning down the opposition at two in the morning, so there’s that.

but, hey. maybe if we all have cheap guns, we’ll be safe. finally totally safe.

2 Likes

To go off on a generalizing tangent to M44’s answer, there is an entire class of weapons called pistol caliber carbines (PCC) which are somewhat popular these days. This is one of them, on the low end of the market.

It’s inexcusable for an LEO to call it a modified pistol. Badly informed, or possibly badly understood and transcribed by a reporter (seems more likely).

3 Likes

Snark aside - There are way more poor people who have guns for defense, than there are poor people using them for crime.

3 Likes

I’m guessing that 'round here, most people would just call it a gun. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s like, if every time there was a blog post like this:

We spent 1/3 of the thread talking about whether the Subarus were modified or were low-end tuner specials like the 2005 Subaru Impreza TS or high-end special editions like the 2009 Surabu Legacy 2.5GT SpecB, and how silly it was for the media to call those cars “modified,” though the Impreza TS took regular 87 octane and the Legacy SpecB requires 92 or higher octane premium. With a side discussion of whether ECU programming via the Cobb Accessport counts as “heavily modified” or even a modification at all. What stage of tuning was done? Was it Stage 2 or Stage 3? Did they dyno it on a heartbreaker, in-ground Mustang dynomometer or a sweet heart Dynojet?

When the original post was about bears and cars.

13 Likes

Actually

7 Likes

Don’t forget whether or not the bear could drive, not having opposable thumbs, which Giant Pandas do possess.

12 Likes

Geez, was there a bear in this video? Totally missed it. Unless, you mean the cigarette guy? And no, it was totally a Cobra https://youtu.be/DCr5Qi6XmOo?t=29

3 Likes

He’s going to eat his own car!

4 Likes

to me, the more pertinent question would be do cheap guns and lax gun laws make people safer than well regulated guns and strict gun laws?

in that context, home defense is a red herring. people have been sold the lie that guns mean safety. and while that may indeed be true sometimes for some particular individual in some specific anecdotal situation… it is not true for society at large.

6 Likes

i might be in the minority, but in situations ( albeit ones that wouldn’t occur on the regular if we had even close to normal gun laws ) where nobody died and basically everything was okay in the end… i kind of like the nerdery about guns or cars or bears or whatever

what triggers me is people not acknowledging that their hobby - guns, skydiving, bear fighting, macrame, building backyard thermonuclear reactors - costs lives. that their hobby shouldn’t be subject to reasonable constraints. and in fact go out of their way to assert their hobby is good for everyone and of great benefit to society.

( i’m not thinking of anyone in particular here, mind you. just spitballing. )

7 Likes

I think that panda was bamboozled into buying a lemon!

6 Likes

Don’t you mean… bamboo-oozled?

5 Likes

Heynow them’s fightin’ words!

1 Like

this is a good take.

it is in St. Louis, in bars where <25% of revenue comes from food.

2 Likes

Excellent tie-in with the post, since the panda shown here eats, shoots and leaves.

3 Likes

That’s his getaway car.

Notice that he and Raccoon are both wearing Lone Ranger masks and avoiding any confusion about which Mike Meyers… :wink:

2 Likes
1 Like