๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ If it wasn't for Canada ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ

Everyone can have as much chalet sauce as they want!!

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/swiss-chalet-dipping-sauce-mix/6000098328176

2 Likes

Not from Rรดtisserie St-Hubert? I am so, soooooo disappointed. Iโ€™ve been kicking around long enough to know which crap restaurant chain has the best BBQ sauceโ€ฆ :wink:

2 Likes

Theyโ€™re still around! Had some last month!
Pretty sure theyโ€™re the same company now though.

1 Like

Looks like they have a couple of St. Hubert sauces available as well, @PatRx2.

3 Likes

Sorryโ€ฆ

1 Like

So they do! Iโ€™m impressed. St-Hubertโ€™s sauces and gravies arenโ€™t half bad.

@Missy_Pants, so Cara took them over, eh? I remember when Cara was really just Air Canadaโ€™s catering provider. I guess this gives them a barbecue chicken business in a province where Swiss Chalet isnโ€™t particularly well represented.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I predict unprecedented friendly relations between Britain and Canadaโ€ฆ

13 Likes

Caption:
โ€œParis of Troy, Iโ€™d like to introduce you to my wife, Helen of Sparta.โ€

16 Likes

Oh my, your PM really is a much more attractive man than the future King of England, isnโ€™t he?

14 Likes

Is it hot in here?

13 Likes

Ask Kate, but yeah, looks like itโ€™s a tad toasty up in Canuckistan this week!

8 Likes

All I keep thinking about is this:

11 Likes

I am always pleased to see how badly Billy is aging. Heโ€™s only 34!

7 Likes

So different from his [half] brother eh?

8 Likes

Trudeau, btw, is 44.

7 Likes

My jaw just dropped. Literally. I completely forgot I was already an adult before he was born.

@Missy_Pants: Thatโ€™s a face Iโ€™d make Kateโ€™s blushy face at!

@teknocholer: I thought he was younger than me, but heโ€™s not! Even better!

7 Likes

I am torn between going to Curriculum Night and watching my country dominate Team Europe in the World Cup of Hockey tonight. Curriculum Night is slightly favoured as it happens less frequently than Canada winning some hockey championship.

Tonight:
โ€œWhatโ€™s the score, Mom?โ€
โ€œCanada is winning.โ€
โ€œThatโ€™s not the score!โ€
โ€œCanada is winning. Cโ€™est assez pour nous maintenant.โ€

13 Likes

What I like about this is that after I wrote it, for two periods Canada was behind, making me look a tad optimistic. @TobinL opened a wifi session during the Curriculum Night and would peek at it between curriculum presentations. As we entered Geometry Canada had scored two goals in the third period, and a thick layer of comfort swaddled my nationalistic heart.

I was triggered, though, leaving the boyโ€™s French class presentation, upon seeing what must have been a first-year French class project hanging on the outside wall: posters about where French is spoken. One of them was Canada, bien sรปr, but:

the capital city of the province I lived in for nearly three years misspelled throughout the poster as Quebeque. Osti dโ€™รฉpais de marde!

7 Likes

#LEST WE FORGET:

4 Likes