🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 If it wasn't for Canada 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁 🍁

O’Leary, however, said that the Conservative Party needed to grow. “LBGTQI: done; marijuana: done; reproductive rights: 100 per cent. Get used to it. That is the definition of the Conservative Party going forward.”

[…]

O’Leary advocated teaching children about other cultures at a young age, as “you cannot legislate or create a bill to eradicate intolerance and hatred. Impossible. You can only do that through education.”

Well, he’s certainly vaulted past Kellie Leitch to give her sole possession of the bottom of the list of CSC leadership candidates.

I’m not willing to say yet that our fears that he’s a Canadian Trump might be overblown. But he definitely seems to be talking more to the centre than to the base, which is a good early sign.

4 Likes

Sounds like the bullshit David Cameron pedalled.

3 Likes

#Joe.

12 Likes

Trudeau: “I agree; my meetings with President Dave Trump were quite productive.”

11 Likes

Joe Trudeau is currently trending on Twitter in Montreal. LOL

Oh social media is glorious sometimes.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes
6 Likes

Don’t be teasin’ me with them chips. :rage:

5 Likes

Meanwhile in Canada … the contenders for the Leadership of the Conservative Party of Canada attended and spoke at a “Freedom” rally… and it was just as racist and islamaphobic as you imagine. Oh, Canada… the scrotus is a lesson to learn from not an example to follow… /sigh

6 Likes

This is good:

7 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/s_volde_trump

(Not one of mine)

Meanwhile in Canada a former conservative MP calls Metis people “half breeds” and yells about Louis Riel… which… if you’re not Canadian and don’t know who Riel is I suggest picking up Chester Browns’ book.

6 Likes

5 Likes

if it wasn’t for Canada, Angela Merkel would no longer have a North American politician to crush on…

9 Likes

The Right Honourable Mr. Body-camera-so-I can’t-be-accused-of-sexual-harrassment. This guy:

I didn’t recognize the name at first either, but it all came back to me when I googled him. He’s the one who was kicked out of the Conservative Party for being too crazy, a feat I didn’t think possible.

"In July, the Department of Foreign Affairs was forced to distance itself from the Conservative backbencher when Mr. Goldring called for “total economic war on Russia.”

When a bill was recently put forward to remove “sons” from the lyrics of O Canada, Mr. Goldring released a complex linguistic analysis claiming that “sons” actually refers to women. Four years before that, he opposed a Louis Riel statue on Parliament Hill on the grounds that the Metis leader was a murderous, anarchistic “villain.”

And of course, Mr. Goldring has spent more than a decade trying to annex the Caribbean islands of Turks and Caicos as Canada’s 11th province."

OTOH, Turks and Caicos. Maybe we should hear him out. :grin:

2 Likes

Canada to the North, Canada to the South?

Has some sort of bizarre appeal…

2 Likes

Dreams of warmth and sunshine. The Canadian lebensraum. Urlaubsraum?

2 Likes

Unter?

You don’t have to invent new Germanisms for this, we already done it for you.

When the German Empire at the end of the 19th century started to collect colonies von Bülow, undersecretary in the foreign ministry, used a cunning argument: “Wir verlangen auch unseren Platz an der Sonne” (we also demand our place in the sun).

5 Likes

But it’s fun, especially if you are unencumbered by any knowledge of German. However, I will concede that Platz an der Sonne is an excellent fit.

4 Likes

I’ll grant that the Turks and Caicos Islands always had an appeal, and they wanted to join us so many years ago. However, I am looking forward to vacationing in our new Pacific coast provinces… :wink:

4 Likes