๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ If it wasn't for Canada ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ

You got that right - we got a dumping here on Tuesday, 51 cm (a little over 20 inches). Most peculiar snowstorm Iโ€™ve ever seen - no wind, no whiteouts, schools stayed open. It just Never Stopped Snowing.

6 Likes

Thanks, Canada.

11 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada I wouldnโ€™t have a totally awesome wifeโ€ฆ :smile:

16 Likes

The International House of Pancakes would have only been the National House of Pancakes until just recently.

10 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada my totally awesome wife wouldnโ€™t smack me every time somebody asks if she is from Canada because she has picked up my โ€œCanadianโ€ accent.

16 Likes

The only way that we would get those is if Jesus was put on there (or perhaps Reagan). Reagan coin that has a glow-in-the-dark Jesus?

2 Likes

Thereโ€™d still be lots of Randroids, but theyโ€™d probably be listening to worse music. In my town it was Countryโ€ฆ

1 Like

You got to admit that your โ€œCanadianโ€ accent comes in handy in international travels. Everybody knows Canadians donโ€™t make good hostages. :wink:

7 Likes

It would have been embarrassing to have a second US invasion of Canada turned back by weaponized poutine.

6 Likes

20 Likes

Just Country? No Western?

15 Likes

Third.

The American revolutionaries created a โ€œContinental Congressโ€ expecting that the entire continent would rush to join, pausing only for adulation and the occasional rapturous fainting incident. When that failed they used their โ€œContinental Armyโ€ to invade Canada in 1775. They were defeated. It didnโ€™t work in 1812 either.

8 Likes

Believe it or notโ€ฆmostly no. And they understood the distinction.

And frankly, if it wasnโ€™t for :maple_leaf: that wretched crime against music would probably have faded away by now.

2 Likes

Ever since then, Canadia has implemented its glacial insidious invasion of the USโ€ฆ

11 Likes

Iโ€™m invoking the Castle Doctrine on this one.

6 Likes

If I capitulate, will you still use the poutine against me?

4 Likes

Jefferson was so so so wrongโ€ฆ (also, holy presumptuous much!?)

โ€œThe acquisition of Canada this year, as far as the neighborhood of Quebec, will be a mere matter of marching; & will give us experience for the attack of Halifax the next, & the final expulsion of England from the American continent.โ€
โ€” Thomas Jefferson to William Duane, 4 August 1812

10 Likes

A third US invasion would likely have been successful, had Canada not deployed a small army of mimes to the border to give the illusion of an invisible, impenetrable wall.

12 Likes

I think poutine was officially banned for use in combat under the Geneva Convention in 1946.

3 Likes

Have you seen the AMC show โ€œTurn: Washingtons spiesโ€? - it made a villian of Simcoe!
Simcoe is hero round these parts and they turned him into a horndog sociopath!

3 Likes