Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz dumped by Orange County venue at the last minute

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Gaetz dumped by Orange County venue at the last minute | Boing Boing

18 Likes

Speech is free. Venues are not.

32 Likes

44 Likes

They wanted a caucus to help keep the US white??? So they have finally admitted it?

15 Likes

I don’t believe they’ve been particularly shy about expressing that viewpoint.

35 Likes

Maybe they could book the Medieval Times Dinner Tournament stadium in Buena Park. They’re already accustomed to regressive social norms and copious quantities of horseshit.

42 Likes

I think “currently” is just fine here. They’re openly White Nationalist not just “concidentally sharing some tangential political planks…”

15 Likes

Is the venue arguing that they didn’t know who was behind it when it was first promoted as “America First”?

16 Likes

That one gets the “Ding Ding Winner-Winner Chicken Dinner!!” award.

5 Likes

Or a Nazi RenFaire.

16 Likes

Orange County isn’t all that right-wing any more. Too many of those people have moved in. That, as usual, drove the remaining “White is my identity and damn well is all that matters” folk even farther over the edge. OC is now represented by a Democrat.

12 Likes

Since it isn’t in the OP, and I might not be the only one confused, this Orange County, CA not Orange County, FL. Since one of the 2 idiots is a Florida rep and the other from neighboring Georgia, I assumed incorrectly that this was in Orlando not L.A.

14 Likes

That’s kind of the plot to a Chuck Palahniuk book.

Or rather the outcome of the plot? I dunno, it made me a little mentally ill. One star, would not read again. Reminded me a lot of J.G. Ballard, whose writing also makes me ill.

4 Likes

I don’t know about that, the GOP and their fans are very adamant about not being racists but everyone else is racist. It’s not common for them to step out from behind the veil of deniability. I bet their documented white power caucus goals even included fighting racist culture and propaganda.

2 Likes

They can SAY whatever they want, but they ARE USING white power talking points. It’s been slowly creeping into the GOP language since Nixon started to use “law and order” as part of his campaign rhetoric.

White power shitheads ALSO say that they are not racist, but we all know they are.

23 Likes

It’s very curious then that, based on the things they say and do, their supporters think they’re racist.

Occam’s razor would say Gaetz and Greene are racist, but on the other hand, maybe this is another example of the flaws of reader-response criticism. No one can ever actually know the truth. Teach the controversy.

1 Like

a political caucus that would espouse the idea that the United States is an “Anglo-Saxon” culture

“Gaetz” and “Boebert” aren’t exactly Anglo-Saxon names.

But of course I’m assuming it’s not just a euphemism

7 Likes

Only in the sense that they claim things like the Black Lives Matter movement or teaching honest accounts of American history are racist propaganda.

13 Likes

Yes. It is. It’s the more polite way of saying “white”. It’s not based on anything historically true or accurate about the Anglo-Saxon people. White supremacy has built up a set of myths about white people and whiteness that is constantly being revised and updated, but is really just a set of lies about the past. It’s the same kind of mythologizing that nationalists often do about national histories but for “white” people.

17 Likes

When you’re not quite ready to say “Aryan”.

15 Likes