Marjorie Taylor Greene celebrates after RNC bloodbath: "MAGA is now in control!"

25 Likes

the addams family horse GIF

16 Likes

Too eloquent! :rofl:

16 Likes

Long knives, short fingers.

21 Likes

Naked mole rat? Turkey Vulture? Tape Worm?

14 Likes

I’m sure the Koch brothers and similar will come up with a few 100 million.

7 Likes

This story is starting to sound familiar…

26 Likes

They already passed that point back in 2021.

25 Likes

That’s not nice… to the monkey. /sarcasm

13 Likes

accelerate!

13 Likes

That one!! Absolutely. Produces nothing useful, sucks the vitality from its host, is pale, squirmy and disgusting. The slimy things that live under rocks see it and are grossed out. Can’t even fish with it. Yup, that one.

23 Likes

Man, I hope you’re right. I am hoping that some of the high profile cases like with IVF and woman’s health care (like that poor lady in Texas who had to travel out of state to end a non-viable pregnancy) awaken the apolitical and independents. :confused:

Time will tell.

11 Likes

In his best Roy Scheider: “You’re gonna need a bigger clown car”

6 Likes
3 Likes

Best case IMHO is:

• the parasite Trump crime family finish bleeding the GoP dry, and the billionaires who are funding the fascists, without the GoP’s co-ordination, end up each funding their own factions who spend all their time exclusively fighting each other, and can’t maintain the current systematic attacks on civil society.
  • Without the GoP as a force in congress, the Democratic Party splits into a left and a center-right party. Where they will distrust each other, and argue endlessly about how to fix things, but remember who the real enemies are, and are actually trying to fix things in relatively good faith, rather than trying to implement The Handmaid’s Tale and The Turner Diaries in equal measure.
  • Even if the remaining GoP rump and MAGA hordes do continue to run for political positions, they are at most a third party, which I think is established by now is not a thing which can survive in the US FPTP system. And so they fade away even without
  • The Democrats, both Left-Democrat and Right-Democrat, finally freed from the screeching interference, start a de-Trumpification of US politics, working to identify and contain the fascists, quislings, and their agents paid and volunteer from government, the courts, the military, and the bureaucracy. (I’d say “the police” as well, but even fantasies have limits.)
  • It finally becomes again that fascists are afraid to show their faces in public, and restoration can begin.

Also, I’d like a pony. And enough land and money to maintain a pony. Actually, make it a unicorn. Two unicorns. Wouldn’t want one to be lonely. And no more billionaires. And world peace. And UBI.

34 Likes

In the immediate short term, this is miserable news for everyone involved and everyone who has to watch it. In the longer short term, there’s going to be a huge financial scandal within a single year.

12 Likes

To add to their justified misery.

Blockquote https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/03/12/congress/bucks-out-00146537

11 Likes

Rats are jumping ship.

9 Likes

Are you sure that’s all?

5 Likes

You’re describing Tolkien’s eucatastrophe: the sudden and unexpected good turn in the face of seemingly inevitable doom. Nothing wrong with that.

It’s doable on a local level. If the DoJ/FBI contain the worst of it (cough NYPD cough LACSD gangs cough) with consent decrees, just having detrumpification in other areas should turn down the volume of the crime disinformation cycle. Once that happens it’s much easier for local politicians to change the police for the better with defunding/degeneralization and community policing.

12 Likes