Marjorie Taylor Greene flaunts her intolerance by hanging big ugly sign near her office

The question is, what do you do about the problem of a large percentage of the electorate who consistently vote against reasonable policies? Even people who would directly benefit from Democrats being in solid power (which would potentially allow them to pursue progressive policies more aggressively)?

I agree with you that the young crop are very articulate – I directly contribute to them. But I continue to feel that the Dems across the board also would do well to put energy into learning how to appeal to people’s emotions. I do think people who fall into the above categories can be “converted,” but the Dems will have to appeal to the head and the heart to do it. Some of this will have to involve incorporating literal deprogramming techniques into their rhetoric.

I appreciate the sentiment, but please do not post memes, messages or images that encourage violence on the BBS.

Please see our community guidelines for specifics.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Some people manage to thing addressing these people’s hatred and authoritarian urges they are bringing them into power and that the only way to fight racist speech is by drowning it out with speech. It’s just more “civility” and inaction through purity as everyone else being a part of the problem.

2 Likes

We still need to call them out, or they keep getting away with it. She’s an elected official, so we doubly need to highlight her comments as bigoted. Saying that “there are only 2 genders” is a bigoted statement at odds with reality. It’s about silencing and erasing trans people, as well as giving space for people who want to physically attack trans people. People like Greene make it okay for transphobes to attack and sometimes even kill trans people.

Ignoring her and others like her is deeply dangerous. We are living with the effects of ignoring white supremacist groups right now, people like Greene in congress and a near insurrection on our democracy.

13 Likes

Yeah, “the science” is very much not on her side here.

Bear in mind she ran essentially unopposed, since her Dem opponent withdrew before the race but too late to slot in a replacement.

13 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t realize her opponent had withdrawn. Despite knowing about voter suppression I was disappointed at the ratios when I went to look. This makes it make more sense.

8 Likes

She’s so unlike the trash heap she was named after.

5 Likes

That’s an insult to the Trash Heap! :rofl:

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.