Marjorie Taylor Greene is furious with David Cameron's anti-Hitler remark: "He can kiss my ass" (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/14/marjorie-taylor-greene-is-furious-with-david-camerons-anti-hitler-remark-he-can-kiss-my-ass-video.html

4 Likes

jack nicholson shut up GIF

15 Likes

How many days until she’s openly wearing a swastika?

17 Likes

January 7th, if T-bag wins the election, I would say.

21 Likes

Weirdly, not concerned about someone actually trying to deploy space lasers(or some other anti satellite measures).

10 Likes

Point of clarification, that wasn’t an anti-Hitler remark, it was an anit-Putin remark. The only name calling in Cameron’s statement was referring to Putin as a tyrant. Marge is standing up for Putin, because her party is pro-Putin. Putin is a murderer and a tyrant, and the kind of guy Marge’s candidate of choice aspires to be.

27 Likes

Well, not many politicians know ass-kissing like Tromp-acolyte MTG knows ass-kissing.

She seems to have a thing for other nasty nether regions too.

10 Likes

I think the TL;DR on the article is that David Cameron said “Be on the right side of history as early and often as possible.” Margie replied with “What the F did you call me?!”

30 Likes

How bad are things when David Cameron is the voice of reason?

40 Likes

What “rude name-calling” was Marge referring to?

10 Likes

He said that not stopping Putin now, is akin to the US not stepping in to stop Hitler sooner than they did. By equating apathy to Russia’s aggression to the initial apathy to Nazi aggression, her and the rest of her party are likened to Nazi sympathizers, as the reporter pointed out.

10 Likes

I think he used the word “nazi.”

6 Likes

And when he was talking about Nazis, useful idiots for Nazis, and their modern equivalents, he didn’t name any names… and yet MTG took immediate and personal offence.

Or, in other words, she just plainly confessed that she’s exactly that person, and she knows it.

26 Likes

I’m not saying that equating the GQP with Nazi sympathizers is wrong, and I’m not arguing that Cameron isn’t making the argument “don’t ignore Putin like Hitler was ignored in the 30’s”, but Marge specifically referred to “rude name-calling” and you corrected me. So if I am incorrect, what rude name calling is she referring to?

6 Likes
4 Likes

It wasn’t that he called her anything. He put out an unspecific general statement about Nazis being bad, and she’s the one who owned it.

“People who support Nazis are bad, and they smell bad.”
“HOW DARE YOU, I DO NOT SMELL BAD.”

18 Likes

I don’t think that she’s arguing that Hitler shouldn’t be called a Nazi. But she may be overly sensitive about being called a Nazi so often, true.

That’s not the argument that I was making, I was saying that I thought she was standing up for Putin after he was called a tyrant. But I’m coming around to the idea that maybe she was just triggered by the Nazi talk because she’s a Nazi. idk which one she meant, really.

10 Likes

Stateswoman of the year and exemplar of southern hospitality to the nations guests!

11 Likes

The state of the world can be summed up in today’s top articles on The Guardian’s website:

Most Viewed Across The Guardian
Most Viewed In Sport

Teacher formerly known as Rachel Dolezal loses job over OnlyFans account

Huge rise in antisemitic abuse in UK since Hamas attack, says charity

Nearly one in five Americans believe Taylor Swift-Biden conspiracy, poll finds

Vladimir Putin surprised by lack of ‘sharp questions’ in Tucker Carlson interview

Biden renews gun control plea after 22 shot in Kansas City - as it happened

Alice & Jack review – Andrea Riseborough and Domhnall Gleeson have zero chemistry

Piece of London’s Jewish East End feared lost as Beigel Shop shuts

Cameron urges US to aid Ukraine and not show ‘weakness displayed to Hitler’

Vodka at noon! Is Princess Margaret’s decadent lifestyle the antidote to Gregg Wallace’s joyless routine?

Companies marketing useless health products to women using feminist wellbeing messages

My reaction:

Suddenly I saw myself on those battlements
Drunk enough to step off backwards and plummet
To a wreck of bones I would regret before I died
Is it a bad way to check out?

5 Likes

I guess Feb. is “Everything Is About Marjorie Taylor Greene” month. At least it’s the shortest one. It’s also Canned Food month.

4 Likes