Marjorie Taylor Greene posts a video saying, "Joe Biden, you're not a president, you're a piece of shit"

Even 65% is not 100%. Just stop making assumptions about other people. Yes, she’s an asshole and assholes voted for her. It is a district with a population of over 700,000 people, of which less than 200,000 of them voted for her.

I will explain, once again, that this part of Georgia has a pretty long and violent history of voter suppression that lingers to this day. I will explain, again, that growing up there, the KKK was STILL a major presence and probably STILL tries to influence things to their own liking. That plays a role in elections today.

How about we just stop letting a hateful, bigoted minority of idiots dictate our language about large parts of the country and the world. I don’t know why that is so difficult for people to do, but it is making it that much harder to make change in the world. When people write off large swaths of an area because of something like this, it makes pushing for change even more difficult for the people doing the hard work.

20 Likes

Kids can’t vote so total population isn’t really relevant. 65% of people who voted voted for her, that’s quite shocking.

The KKK influence doesn’t make me want to visit either.

I mean, I know someone who won’t go to America at all…she is too worried about discrimination and getting shot*. I don’t think Georgia is as different from the rest of it as you suppose though.

*There are bigots in other countries too but they usually won’t be armed, you see.

13 Likes

Thanks for not reading anything I actually wrote.

9 Likes

There aren’t 500,000 kids in that district, dude.

11 Likes

Wow, her eyes are so close together on her face!

2 Likes

So from the article,

just 794 votes at a slim margin of 50.13% to 49.87%, according to vote tallies from the Secretary of State’s Office. Previously Frisch held an even more narrow lead with just a few dozen votes.

Pueblo County alone had 401 deaths due to COVID-19 after the vaccines were made available. Those are people who didn’t have to die but did anyway, and would almost certainly have voted for Boebert.

EDIT:

Couldn’t help myself. Found the Colorado statistics here: CDPHE COVID19 County-Level Open Data Repository . I filtered for the counties in Colorado’s 3rd district, then for the “Deaths Among COVID-19 Cases in Colorado by County” rows, then filtered out all dates except for May 1st, 2021 (a date that vaccines had been readily available to the general public for a while) and then the most recent date availible, then subtracted the start date death count from the end date death count for each county. The total for the 3rd district is 1,584 souls lost to preventable COVID-19.

She would have had this election sewn up if she hadn’t been telling her constituents to kill themselves.

9 Likes

ummm…
surely you mean boebert (equally empty as she is)

6 Likes

fixed, thanks

4 Likes

Can you imagine having to admit that you are even distantly related to that troll-footed piece of shit?

1 Like

That’s the de facto Speaker of the House, you know.

Georgians must be so proud.

Her eyes are trying to comfort each other. All that shit they have to hear and endure.

2 Likes

Oh, wait - she’s already said all of those things!

1 Like

Has anyone ever seen them together at the same time?
Did their mind survive the experience?

7 Likes

And yet, you still pontificate upon it with such adamant certainty…

10 Likes

6 Likes

So much “YOINK.

Thanks!

9 Likes

She just wants to make sure she remains ineligible for committee positions. That would entail real work, and she didn’t sign up to legislate; it’s much more profitable running for the title of Heckler-in-Chief.

3 Likes

15 Likes