Marjorie Taylor Greene says Georgia can't have both batteries and bibles

Apparently she is unfamiliar with the Christmas carols “Watt Child Is This” and “Amperes We Have Heard On High”.

19 Likes

Which is exactly what the Republican senators for Indiana have done: aren’t you glad I’m your senator, so that now we have all this new infrastructure money? That would be the money they fought against publicly on the Senate floor. Yeah, they sure were happy to take credit for that once they were overridden in the vote.

15 Likes

Easy for the rich Qongresswoman, who is worth $11 million, to say.

Worth? :thinking:

14 Likes

If she didn’t have actual power over people’s lives, it would be amusing to see just how nonsensical she is capable of getting.

11 Likes

There are lots of epub Bibles out there, of various translations for various denominations. If you know what you are doing you can add your own deuterocanonical books too.

:wink:

9 Likes

Somewhere there are pictures of signs on projects calling out the people who voted against them and are now trying to take credit for them. I just can’t find them.

10 Likes

Hey Marge, let us know when we can buy a Mr Ark of the Covenant to run our cars.

9 Likes
11 Likes

This Bear of Little Brain could use a little context. I thought manufacturing plants providing (non-union) jobs to the locals was a big deal for the hallowed Republican base. Does MTG object because these jobs support the carbon-hating woke electric agenda? Or is it because the jobs would be created during a Democratic administration and only jobs created under Republicans are worth having? Either way she seems to be saying that it’s godly not to have jobs they need because God and the Founding Fathers didn’t believe in electricity, or something like that.

8 Likes

Bibles and batteries? What sorcery is this?

BurnBibleBurn

6 Likes

Benjamin Franklin has entered the chat.

19 Likes

dragon cool kite GIF

12 Likes

So she’ll be forgoing the use of cars, phones, computers, or other tech that uses batteries? You could run a car or steam engine on burning books, but some of her supporters might take exception to burning so many bibles.

7 Likes

Guns and butter, meet bibles and batteries.

11 Likes

Professor Foot quote FTW!

8 Likes

I think she’s rather on the “guns or butter” part of the political spectrum, though.

6 Likes

I think guns and butter are both big contributors here:

4 Likes

"Greene told her constituents that battery plants are “very toxic”

Gee, if only there was some sort of watchdog that stopped a company from dumping toxic chemicals… maybe a government agency? Nah, that’s liberal talk.

24 Likes

That was my assumption.

5 Likes

It’s not “batteries or bibles.” It’s clearly “you can have Jesus or Jobs.”

My money is on the jobs as being more useful in uplifting families.

6 Likes