Marjorie Taylor Greene wants the US to invade Mexico

I haven’t listened to that in ages. Just checked, there’s three episodes I haven’t heard, must check them out.

2 Likes

Marge hasn’t thought this through (obviously.) If the cartels thought there was any chance at all that she could convince the government to invade, they’d have a price on her head within 5 minutes. Are there junkies in Georgia willing to take that shot for the amount of money and/or drugs the cartels would offer? Probably.

Or they’d have their bought and paid for politicians in Mexico find something to charge her with (incitement to violence perhaps?) and demand her extradition. Would the Biden administration refuse to turn her over? Probably yes, but if they didn’t she’d be dead within minutes or hours of her arrival in Mexico.

3 Likes

Well… white history remembers that… actual history remembers the other thing you said… And this is exactly what people like Desantis want taught… a simulacra of history, where (some) Europeans just happened to be naturally superior, and consequered the world to the betterment of the benighted people’s living in darkness…

Also, I’ve never heard this podcast… I should check it out!

7 Likes

More than a century ago, our drive for conquest led us to war with Mexico. We then annexed Texas, and half of Mexico. This cutting in half of Mexico places a border between people that does not serve God or Man. We ought to repair this damage to Mexico, by Annexing All Of Mexico. Only this time, let’s not use our army to do it. (Annexing All Of Mexico was proposed in the aftermath of our war with Mexico, check the congressional record to find out what specific bigotry prevented it.) I detest Marjorie Taylor Greene, but I find her position an interesting starting point.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Yeah… fucking nope. BS imperialism from top to bottom there… Try again.

10 Likes

Will Europe is where all the real history comes from /s

2 Likes

They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!

5 Likes

So Empty Greene wants Sicario on a grand scale?

1 Like

She clearly does not “remember the Alamo”

3 Likes

Well, parts of Europe at least… like Britain and Germany… and Spain up until the 19th century… France… But not the Balkans or much of Eastern Europe… or not Italy after the Renaissance… and not Ireland, except for them shooting each other over religion or dying because they refuse to eat anything but potatoes! /s

6 Likes

yeah, in many cases is it even possible to separate who works for the cartels willingly or not.

not dissimilar to when the us stopped all members of the ba’ath party from being in government, and suddenly there was no government. corrupt systems sweep up everyone, whether they like it not.

and im sure she’s fine with that. there will be no “civilian” causalities in fascism because everyone who doesn’t support fascism is the enemy by definition

eta: you’re either with us, or you’re against us. :confused:

3 Likes

Do the people of Mexico get a say this time or are we sticking with the long-standing tradition of treating brown-skinned folks as pawns lacking any agency of their own?

5 Likes

So it does serve women, children and demons?

Confused Wait What GIF by Film Riot

4 Likes

She seems to think the cartels would identify themselves like ISIS, despite being civilians with no ideological (or business) reason to attack the US or its soldiers, no need to (overtly) hold territory or do any of the other things that would identify them. It’s just so completely brain-dead. I don’t know if Empty is incapable of thinking, or she just doesn’t bother when uttering most of her public statements.

(Leaving aside that this is within the context of criminal activity, in which the army is playing a law enforcement role where they apparently just summarily execute anyone they think is guilty? I blame the “war on terror” for just completely destroying Americans’ notions of what appropriate and legal military activity looks like. We’ve normalized the military looking at incomplete and inaccurate bits of information and blowing up civilians far from battlefields as a result.)

4 Likes

I mean, that sounds like a selling point. Might be worth hearing that out. /s

2 Likes

Well, I guess the lesser known version won out in that case - “Never go against a Protagonist when death is on the line.”

4 Likes

The least surprising thing for “woke” USians who live down here is to realize that MTG and Trump have more interests in common with the cartels than they do with Black immigrants who live in Mexico. The ever-present racism toward Black people here is comparable to the USA, and could have been one of the unjustified reasons for US travelers to be “mistaken” for Haitians.

4 Likes

Use the time-tested trick of convincing some OTHER force to invade; don’t expend US troops there. It’s worked before.

1 Like

…by Annexing All of Mexico…

I suspect that many Mexicans would strenuously resist. Just a hunch (after having lived in Guerrero and Chiapas states).

I also suspect many USA and international corporations with facilities in Mexico would dislike being subjected to USA laws. Convince me otherwise, hey?

1 Like

Like who? IIRC Mexico already uses the military and Federal officers who are basically equipped like military.

1 Like