Mask- and Vax-foe Greg Abbott, governor of Texas, tests positive for Covid-19

Thus

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/glint_in_the_milkman's_eye

3 Likes

Yes, yes you can. Let it rip, don’t hold back.

6 Likes

Nah, the level of vitriol I feel wouldn’t be good to put out in an account that can be linked to physical me, given offline circumstances. Just assume a particularly cruel and cold hearted response to the little plague rat.

12 Likes

I wish I could, but I’d be banned for gross violation of community standards…

6 Likes

the Schaden is very freude in this one

8 Likes

What’s a real shame is that he’s probably not going to die from it. Unless we’re lucky.

9 Likes

Too bad he wasn’t ate by a shark or something.

4 Likes

Or ‘eat by by a coyote & shit off a cliff!’
One of my favorite lines from North Dallas Forty, IIRC.
ETA: Might’ve been Life Its Ownself. One or the other.

Yep. He was jogging when a tree fell on him.
Just imagine the death & suffering that would have been avoided if that tree hadn’t missed.

Who am I kidding? There’s no shortage of evil bastids in Texas politics, though they mostly seem to be clumped on the fascist death cultist side of the spectrum.

5 Likes

IF he has a spinal cord injury,
and
IF he has involvement to his diaphragm,
that would raise his risk of death from infection, and
possibly justify him being given a treatment that very few qualify for.

But I don’t care enough about his survival to bother looking up his injury, nor to further look up policies for treating people with that injury who develop covid19.

5 Likes

It may very well be medically warranted, but he’s still getting treatments the rest of us couldn’t get access to in that situation, even in medically-identical situations. The antibody treatment alone is quite difficult to come by, even for people who are quite ill.

13 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t have a problem with that, if Abbott hadn’t done his level best to ensure more Texans will catch Covid-19 and die from it.

7 Likes

To be fair, he’s probably already got that so…

2 Likes

Well, I hope he feels honored that his attention to personal responsibility has FINALLY paid off and little Corona has personally visited him. Other than that…

field_barron

15 Likes

I will go an look if Wikipedia has a list of covid deniers, antimaskers, antivaxxers and the like - with some columns like “infected”, “hospitalised”, “treatment”, and “outcome”.

3 Likes

Maybe this should be in the grammar or pedants thread but this is grammatically wrong

It should be “thou shalt see”.

4 Likes

Pedant away, it’s what happy mutants do. Not my image anyway (I am the thief of memes).

2 Likes

He’s had the third shot too.

16 Likes

Yeah, neither would I - especially since you don’t want your leadership dying of the disaster they’re trying to manage, so if anyone should get special treatment, it should be them. Except, as you say, he’s not managing the disaster, he’s encouraging it, and anyone making a situation worse for everyone, pretending it’s not a real threat, shouldn’t be getting special, extreme treatment to avoid the consequences.

4 Likes

Especially since he immediately accessed the impossibly expensive and hard to get hands on antibody cocktail therapy. Interestingly, this has been shown to be significantly less effective in delta cases, but with limitless access to the best care, he will probably be fine to go back to making sure his contituents do not have the same access. What an asshole.

15 Likes

Call me when he’s in the obits.

5 Likes