McDonald's dumps Heinz over ex-Burger King CEO

Funny, I pictured the same thing, but with kerosene.

You gotta get offa ya buns if you really wanna patty.

No, its that McD are petty assholes. BK makes no money from the sale of Heinz products. This is the problem with one corp owning 50 different, various companies. Everything becomes a conflict of interest. “Its not that complicated, corporations always act like assholes.” (FTFY)

1 Like

McD might very well be assholes, but you seem to be making this too complicated. There are only three companies involved, not fifty. The CEO for your supplier is also the Vice Chairman for your main competitor. The details of your business relationship with your supplier will likely make their way to your competitor. Unless there are extenuating reasons for you to keep working with your supplier, you should find someone else from which to buy ketchup.

Damn. I was hoping this dude would tell McD that yes, it’s perfectly fine to include a veggie burger in your offerings, BK has been doing it for years, it’s not that hard.

1 Like

Even Chili’s chips and salsa comes in at over 900.

At a restaurant your calorie intuition is going to be wrong.

Just another unsavory corporate beef.

5 Likes

So one corporation that has murdered more Americans in a single year than all the terrorist attacks in US history combined is having a hissy fit with another corporation with a smaller but still impressive body count.

OK.

There are times when I really appreciate living in one of the few places in America that isn’t MURICA. McDonalds to me is that shitty hole in the wall that is almost always empty that is stuck next to two thriving local businesses.

1 Like

What if it’s a vegan restaurant, one opened up here a few years ago.

Companies (big and small) have business relationships with their competition all the time.

2 Likes

Violet Blue was unavailable for comment.

I guess that Heinz just couldn’t cut the mustard with McDonald’s.

1 Like

I don’t think any corporation would that petty because another was a CEO. They only care about bucks and deal.

I’m guessing the BK guy was using BK figures for what BK paid for ketchup and wanted to pressure McD to pay the same and McD walked.

BK doesn’t have the clout or mass marketing as McD does–So I bet BK pays a bit more for ketchup while McD’s gets it for bit lower price.

Yea. There’s an Italian American chain in here Canada, half of the entrees have more than the RDA for sodium. Portion sizes are also insane in most chain restaurants. Just because it comes on a plate instead of in a paper wrapper doesn’t mean it’s better for you.

2 Likes

So tempted to flag this comment just to create controversy.

I was so sad (but not surprised) to see that this wasn’t due to quality reasons. Heinz is really awful ketchup. Yes, I know they produce a small batch non-awful version just so they can say so and so people on the internet will defend them for it.

I wonder if they think Hees will feed competitive intelligence back to BK about McD’s operations

i always suspected McDonalds does operations.

1 Like

Hmm. They may change their mind when people start complaining about whatever they replace it with. And complain they will. Basically every restaurant uses Heinz because nobody’s come up with version that’s even remotely as popular. Most of it’s ‘competition’ is actually fairly horrible.

Just look at this ketchup!

Totally agree. There is no substitute. All others suck balls.