Meat-flavored breakfast cereals

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/22/meat-flavored-breakfast-cereal.html

3 Likes

Will it be okay with Missouri?

9 Likes

I guess if you can roll chicken on cornflakes you can roll cornflakes in chicken.

10 Likes

22 Likes

And here I was expecting it to be yet another KFC marketing campaign.

Fried chicken flavored cereal in 3,2,…

4 Likes

Probably more acceptable in the US where syrup and bacon is more commonplace. I’ve tried this combination many times and cannot warm to it.

2 Likes

I’d eat that in a heartbeat.

As long as my heart can keep beating with all the other fatty shit I put into my system, that is.

7 Likes

meat-flavored cereals.

Isn’t that the definition of dog food?

19 Likes

Being the sort who loves to dunk breakfast sausage in my maple syrup, I’m willing to give this a try. And on my birthday, no less.

6 Likes

But but but…

Cereal is a synonym for grain. So they’re celebrating cereal day by presenting cereal that doesn’t taste like grain?

This is not who you are, Post. Embrace your true identity as a purveyor of cereals.

4 Likes

Should be. They say meat flavored, not pretending to be actual meat.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t I just have actual chicken and waffles?

9 Likes

Finally, a valid reason to go to Walmart.

2 Likes

Price point and effort expended? Not to mention that in places like San Diego proper, you’re truly fucked for trying to find fried chicken, and usually have to go down to Chula Vista or up to Encenitas.

5 Likes

Really no southern cuisine restaurants in San Diego proper? Nary a one? Weird!

2 Likes

I candy bacon with maple syrup sometimes.
It’s too easy and makes a fun dessert garnish.

4 Likes

It is! In-N-Outs everywhere, but nary a Church’s, Popeye’s, or Waf le Ho se that I’ve seen.

Of course, one might go to IHOP or Denny’s and buy the two entrees and combine them.

3 Likes

So, zombie deer flavored breakfast cereal?

I guess I was thinking more a sit down kind of place, with a good brunch. A southern breakfast is right up there with a good NY diner breakfast, yeah?

4 Likes

The texture of fried pork rinds isn’t so different from that of rice krispies, I reckon. Not that I’d expect them to resort to pork rinds.

See also:

1 Like