Meat-flavored breakfast cereals

Darn tootin’! This aspect is one of my greatest disappointments in SoCal.

Mention cheese grits or egg creams, and people look at you like you’re from Mars.

8 Likes

If I were a restauranteur, I’d take advantage of the dearth…

3 Likes

Same. Mine would be a BBQ-brisket restaurant with Texas toast, sweet tea, and sweet-potato fries. Like Sonny’s BBQ in Florida, except they use regular potatoes.

4 Likes

Came here to mention dry pet food. Meat-flavored corn meal.

3 Likes

The Missouri law doesn’t care if you explain elsewhere on the box that it’s not really chicken, it doesn’t want chicken on the box at all.

I don’t think the law will be enforced here, because they just won’t, but it shows what a silly-ass law that one was in the first place, and that it was just designed to target Tofurkey companies from having a box just like this one.

3 Likes

I assume this will be simulated maple, bacon and chicken flavour.

I push the bacon and waffles to opposite sides of the plate before pouring syrup and prop up the bacon side on a folded napkin.

1 Like

tumblr_mnmsct0i4L1r8bxs1o6_250

7 Likes

My favorite little detail: Both boxes are marked as Kosher. You know you’re dealing with lots of chemicals when “Maple Bacon” flavor is kosher.

11 Likes

Gift cards are probably the only reason to go to Walmart.

1 Like

You should petition http://gusfriedchicken.com/ to open a store. Believe me, you will never, ever miss KFC or anything else that purports to do fried chicken. I live near one and I am spoiled.

2 Likes

30 comments in?

Come on internet, You’re slacking:

5 Likes

Hell yeah! I used to go to the one in Austin.

1 Like

what about that vampire cereal? That tastes like blood right?

2 Likes

Most bacon flavored processed foods I’ve encountered are also vegetarian, and I would t be surprised if these were. “Bacon flavored” usually just means “we put liquid smoke in it.”

Happy birthday!

Oh no, like they said in the promo, on the 7th. They mean March, right?

1 Like

Well then, happy birthday in advance… or badly belated.

2 Likes

Does this mean they won’t allow the word to be used in some nasty way?

1 Like

The “Don’t Show Meat State”

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be setting the alarm for The Crack of Dawn on the 7th. I don’t even like bacon, but I gotta check these out. I’m worried about the chicken and waffles flavor, though - that’s already my dietary Achilles Heel.

For once, I’ll be leaving WalMart without about 3 cans of spray foam or a box of popsicles.

1 Like