Medieval reenactor spears drone from the sky

[Read the post]

5 Likes

The drone slayer. Drones are watching us everywhere, so sing along, kids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoao_TPtvnA

1 Like

Not fully period. The people around the spear-thrower are looking up and smiling instead of running in horror from that big weird bird.

9 Likes

did he shoot down an angel or a daemon?

I was not surprised.

2 Likes

historically accurate

29 Likes

I wonder what the drone laws are in Russia, i know if this had happened in the US the reenactor would be liable for any damages done to the drone.

3 Likes

Good on ya! Those things are really annoying if you’re actually using your own eyes to look around you, and your feet to move about. I was down the shore a few weeks back on a nice day and the boardwalk was crowded and cheery and all. And then some dronehole started buzzing the scene. I wished I had a Russian Reenact-er at the ready.

7 Likes

Is Russia the Florida of Europe?

Recent evidence points to Sweden…
Watch two idiot criminals burglarize a watch store in Sweden - boing - Boing Boing BBS

2 Likes

I knew this would happen, really.

I’d say Russia by far is more nutty than Sweden. That story seems pretty tame than the shit that goes down in Russia.

1 Like

Russia is Russia. Florida isn’t even remotely in the same league.

3 Likes

I wonder if, like Florida and their transparency laws, Russia seems similarly terrible because of dashcams. I mean, it’s terrible for other reasons, as with Florida, but there’s deep-seated crazy everywhere.

Isn’t the warmth and satisfaction of discovering that The Terrifying Unknown may be beyond our comprehension; but not immune to our weapons, probably one of the earliest and most authentically human joy-sources?

3 Likes

As far as I can tell, Russian society is run entirely by people with severe ADHD. Do exactly what your impulses tell you immediately, don’t worry about the consequences, and have a good time.

At least, that’s what the YT channel Meanwhile In Russia has taught me.

3 Likes

I generally roll my eyes at the people who freak out any time they see an R/C helicopter, but this is both funny and appropriate. GOOD ROLEPLAY GUYS

4 Likes

That chap must have had tremendous confidence in his aim. Not to mention - should he have missed - a clear view of any folk wandering randomly on the ground beyond.

9 Likes

QED, sir.

Did you not hear all the hubbub surrounding the “gentleman” who shot a neighbor’s drone down with a shotgun in the US? The shooter was cleared of all wrong and was only out the cost of his shotgun shell.