Meet the vegan bodybuilder who drinks semen smoothies to fight off coronavirus

Sigh. Where to begin unpacking the layers of nonsense. There’s too much, so let’s make sure the basics are covered in case anyone stumbles in here who doesn’t know the broad strokes (nyuk nyuk):

1. You cannot “boost” your immune system. It’s an immensely complex and extremely stable homeostatic system. Trying to mess with the hundreds of variables in it actually stresses things because now it has to correct whatever imbalance you introduced with a large dose of something.

2. Vitamin C has nothing to do with fighting off colds and other viruses. This is an old lie that has crept into the culture to such an astonishing degree that nobody even questions it anymore. Your daily vitamin C requirement is very low and taking any more than that just stresses your kidneys which now have to get rid of it (and make very expensive pee)

3. The word “natural” is utterly meaningless in the contexts of health and nutrition. Arsenic and pit viper venom are “natural”. Every single fruit and vegetable we eat is the result of 1000 years of breeding to suit our tastes and resembles nothing of what it was. Nothing “natural” about it.

I’ll stop there. I’m tired and past that we get into areas that would awaken BB’s large pseudoscience health/nutrition crowd, which I don’t have the energy to argue with.

59 Likes

Damn Aussie vegan bodybuilders trying to sap our precious bodily fluids!

22 Likes

It comes in a handy dispenser.

23 Likes

To quote the Sun

Let that word “routine” sink into your pores.

7 Likes

We’ll assume that it exists, based on the bbs store’s offerings.

4 Likes

Thank you, I learned some things just from that comment.

Is there anything much at all you do to eat in a healthy way? (Genuinely wondering.)

9 Likes

It rubs the lotion on its skin.

13 Likes

Oh, hush!

2 Likes

I’m thinking that the clickbaiters are using some new strategies. This is just too much.

2 Likes

So the antidote to veganism is figuring out how to get power of attorney from a cow? Gotta be a loophole somewhere…

10 Likes

Next what? a vegan cosplaying as Johnny Bryant/Actarus/Daisuke Umon?

Obligatory “doesn’t know what vegan means” Scott Pilgrim reference:

Chicken isn’t vegan?

20 Likes

Are you priming your testicles? You are supposed to squeeze them twice to get them up to pressure. It’s all in the manual. You did read the manual, right?

10 Likes

Like most things, this was addressed by Douglas Adams with cows that are able to give consent themselves.

6 Likes

It’s possible to eat vegan animal flesh when dining at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!

ETA:

Jinx!

8 Likes

No one remembers “A Boy and his Dog” by Harlan Ellison or the movie with Don Johnson?

4 Likes

Um, I hope she doesn’t start without me?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm… thinks; “Do I want to click on that link…?” :thinking:

1 Like

Plural? She requested other fluids…?

A different word came to mind.