Meet the vegan bodybuilder who drinks semen smoothies to fight off coronavirus

why do I get this feeling that this was all her husband/boyfriend’s idea?

6 Likes

It is a reference to the movie Doctor Strangelove. But who knows her ultimate plans, first semen then tears then spinal fluid, perhaps. I mean I don’t know that for sure, but I am just asking questions here…

1 Like

tumblr_n80pzdifl21qg4blro4_500|nullxnull

20 Likes

I follow the consensus of scientific opinion. The good news about this for nutrition is that it takes decades to sort out, because with food you’re talking about very small effects over very long periods of time. That means the advice that you heard when you were a kid is still correct- fruits and vegetables, whole grains, moderation on salt, fat, and sugar. Avoid empty calories. Stay active physically in any way that your body allows. That’s it.

All the “new” nutrition stuff you hear (carbs are bad, Atkins, paleo, keto blah blah) is all excuses to eat bacon but does not reflect how nutrition science works. These fad diets all come about the same way- someone writes a vey narrow scientific paper about a wonky topic (“hey, here’s something interesting about how carbohydrates are metabolized in mice”) which gets written up breathlessly and incorrectly in some lifestyle magazine column (“carb calories are different than protein calories!”), someone writes a very popular pseudoscientific book about it, and then a few years later everyone just takes the misinformation for granted (“carbs bad!”) because it has been said everywhere.

Now I know the armchair fad nutrition experts will appear, so I’ll have to bow out of this thread now.

30 Likes

This is BB, not Reddit. I think you can assume a more discerning crowd here, but then again I’m not holding my breath.

16 Likes

You know, that’s the first, and only thing I’ve ever heard about those diets that I would count in their favour. Except, I don’t need an excuse to eat bacon other than “it’s bacon!”

8 Likes

Considering how much positive press “keto” and other such things get here, and how many previous times I have regretting broaching this topic on the BBS, I stand by my earlier concerns. BB is generally a science-minded crowd, but there are a lot of blind spots when you get to health, nutrition, agriculture, and related “left-leaning” pseudosciences.

14 Likes

Yes. But here is the thing. It in no way captures the crazyness of this woman’s last 8 months.

Since the Jezebel article, she appears to have joined some sort of tantric sex cult and become involved in some sort of water purification MLM.

Oh. She also may be homeless and living out of her car. But also seems to spend a lot of time at some fancy house in Orange County CA.

To summarize, her instagram is wild.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Well, she should do as she pleases, but I think her claim of “natural” is a bit suspect and somewhat disingenuous.

4 Likes

Aha! Excellent :clap:

1 Like

Thanks again. Wish you wrote BB posts, instead of just BBS comments!

13 Likes

Agreed.

6 Likes

Getting it out of the dispenser is at least half the fun!

8 Likes

Eat lots of different things. That’s really the big deal. A varied diet tends to be healthier.

There’s also the Michael Pollan line: eat food, not too much, mostly plants

17 Likes

Surprised no one has referenced this yet:

6 Likes

I clicked. And, yeah, wow. Her butthole tanning…

:zap:30 seconds of sunlight on your butthole is the equivalent of a full day of sunlight with your clothes on!:zap:

… is the least wacky of her tenets.

7 Likes

“It isn’t for everyone but it is packed full of vitamins and I haven’t had a cold or flu ever since drinking it in 2017…”

I get the cold or flu every year — but there was a 7 year stretch at work when I didn’t get either. That was when we were involved with some very nasty materials then, and — even though I had limited access to said materials — I (naturally being the anal sort) washed my hands several times per day anyway during the 7 year period… just in case. I like to think all that hand-washing kept me healthy… and not because there was any semen anywhere on me.

13 Likes

Ah. “Salacious D”

No problem here; I don’t eat armchairs.

9 Likes

The takeaway is that she’ll run for Florida’s House of Representatives soon? She sounds eminently qualified to represent them.

3 Likes