Melania dodges Trump's kiss

Sure, I, too, would be nervous about whatever stink he tried to plant on her face would wash off. blink

meeting-donald

6 Likes

Divorce me and I expose how you were an illegal alien until I helped you?

5 Likes

I think that nails it. A bit sad, really, that some people still insist after explaining that to them. :man_shrugging:

I mean, not that it‘s anyone’s business anyway, and I could to well without any articles here about someone‘s wife allegedly avoiding them. What kind of topic is that even?

2 Likes

See Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

And who cares? If something she does or doesn’t do has political ramifications, then okay, let’s discuss that. Otherwise, how is this kind of speculation really any different the celebrity tabloid gossip… which, let’s face it, this president is something of a byproduct of that, as reality TV sort of emerged out of that…

4 Likes

Pssst… maybe she doesn’t want to be orange?

1 Like

Exactly.

An excellent reason to stop engaging with that.

2 Likes

4 Likes

If Donald wanted Melania to kiss him in public or hold hands, he could have 1) been nicer or 2) written it into her contract.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Or smelled less like shit and aftershave.

2 Likes

Maybe people want to think that melanomia dislikes her husband because it would make her seem human.

7 Likes

Fried Rice Reaction GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Yeah, that’s registering as quite possible.

6 Likes

The issue is that most of the country had no idea about her until he ran for President and won. So people are trying to figure out what kind of woman would be the 3rd wife of That Guy?

Those of us with strong NY/NJ connections in the 1980s know the history of both of them, and thus know they’re both serving each other’s goals. She’s a con artist too, not an innocent victim.

7 Likes

Women have agency and can make choices, even “bad” ones. She made her choice about who she wanted to marry, and I doubt she did that without some sort of working knowledge of who he is… She’s still absolutely human if she has awful politics and likes what her husband is doing.

I guess I’m just skeptical of narratives that make her seem like a damsel in distress. :woman_shrugging: It seems like some men just want it to be true, because she’s a conventionally attractive woman.

That seems the most likely reality here. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

200w

2 Likes

The Office Yes GIF

8 Likes

I think the hope that she hates him is wishful thinking, on the part of myself and others, that he suffer an unhappy life. She’s awful for knowing who he is, and his policies, especially around immigration, but still aiding him politically. Spending time hoping bad things happen to terrible people is not a noble endeavor, and I first and foremost hope he suffers political misfortune, but I’d be ok knowing his home life was miserable. It’s like the Twain quote, I wouldn’t wish death, but I would likely read the obit with relish.

2 Likes

I mean, isn’t THAT a bit dehumanizing… I think AV Club or Paste maybe had an article recently about House of the Dragon, and how they’ve changed the narrative from the books. In the books, Martin allows the women to be just as awful as the men. But they sort of shift things into a victimhood narrative or I think it was a girl power narrative? I tried to find it, but can’t right now… if I run across it, I’ll post…

3 Likes

I hate the guy as much as all of you but I watched that clip several times.

I saw him saying something in her ear and then kiss her on the cheek.

The headline doesn’t match the video.

7 Likes

I never thought she’s a victim. I think she’s as grifty, horrid, and selfish as her husband.

She’s pretty much stuck with her choice, too, despite not being at his birthday party, court dates, nor living at the White House for ages after (shudder) the election.

I still think most of what the pair of them have got up to is both inhuman and inhumane. :scream: If it turns out they’re both giant lizards in human suits, I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

4 Likes