Melania Trump suit from 'Gawker-killer' lawyer claims harm to 'once-in-a-lifetime opportunity' to make millions

Chill, I agree. I am NOT discounting the former FLOTUS and related good that she accomplished. I have a garden too!

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

Welcome to the Co-Prosperity Sphere.

3 Likes

More or less, depending on his mood.

It’s possible that the only difference is the crassness. Up until now, politicians have been corrupt in subtle or deniable ways. Now we’ve got in-your-face corruption on a sworn affidavit. It changes things from, “Those bastards are going to get away with it again,” to “Holy shit, they aren’t even getting away with anything, they are apparently just allowed to do it.”

12 Likes

Gaaaah. I have already been forced to agree with Bill O’Reilly today. Please please please don’t make me feel sorry for the Daily mail for god’s sake. I don’t have enough rum for that.

10 Likes

Seriously: this looks like a post-Ельцин Russian show-off room, made to impress The Ladies™ and The Laddies©.

2 Likes

I’m curious how much US taxpayer money is being spent on this suit. [Yeah, I know, there shouldn’t be any. That doesn’t mean there isn’t, given Donald Trump’s history of spending other people’s money on lawsuits involving him.]

4 Likes

As a measure of what a dick the aptly-named Mr. Harder is, consider that he has put us in the position of feeling sorry for the goddamned Daily Mail.

6 Likes

Rudyard Kipling wrote a story about an Indian politician who does just that, IIRC The Miracle of Purun Bhagat. Just saying.

1 Like

11 Likes

Doesn’t it depend on who is sitting on you?

1 Like

Piers Morgan is not a moron. He has leveraged a small talent into quite a profitable career.
People who think he’s a journalist, now…

2 Likes

Sure, and I was thinking of Gandhi when I wrote what you quoted (he managed the poverty, though not the obscurity). I don’t think anyone sees it as a one-size-fits-all approach, though, and, unlike India, America has nearly obliterated its pre-colonial history. They’re arguably more in need of thoughtful books on governance.

1 Like

prostitute

transitive verb

2: to devote to corrupt or unworthy purposes

2 Likes

Gross.

4 Likes

Here you go, remind yourself why you don’t like the Daily Heil.

14 Likes

I mean, she is complaining that she will be unable to prostitute her position as First Lady because DM called her a prostitute.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a reason why the nickname daily heil still lingers on them like shit-smelling foulness…

5 Likes

It’s still gross.

7 Likes

librarian

transitive verb

2: to cover in feces

So look, when I say that the pigeons librarianed the statue downtown, I’m not implying anything bad or derogatory about actual librarians, I’m just using a word from the dictionary. I don’t have a problem with books, and I don’t see how I’m contributing to a societal shaming of people who read books.

10 Likes