Melania's 2018 White House holiday decor includes blood-red trees and a 'Be Best' pencil wreath

Maybe she’d feel better after a soak?

7 Likes

Nope. Three completely unrelated things. A reference in a TV Tropes article and a historical article on six sensational serial killers that showed in my Twitter feed.

Either coincidence or a case of perceptional bias, but the latter would indicate I’m missing serial killer references daily, so I think I prefer the coincidence explanation better.

5 Likes

#NotAllVampires

6 Likes

Not to mention, it’s ugly a/f and cheap-looking:

12 Likes

What the fuck does “Be Best” mean, anyway?
Stupid half-assed incomplete sentences…

22 Likes

Nah, they all suck.

8 Likes

see-what-you-did-there|nullxnull

10 Likes

5 Likes

I’m not hating on it, nor on her. She makes me realize how much an immigrant can accomplish in this country, when she isn’t a toddler being tear gassed at the border while seeking asylum.

24 Likes

Goodness… Her outfits are straight out of Star Wars… I know she just thinks it looks good based on her professional experience, but man it’s creepy to have the impression of a cape in the white house

13 Likes

Oh, I am; that decor is utterly hideous.

6 Likes

Oh sorry, wrong tRump…

tumblr_pildr9wZyA1vx5sqs_540

9 Likes

So Second Lady has red trees - sounds like a war on Christmas is declared!

6 Likes

Plays better with this soundtrack:

3 Likes

Those white pencils look like long cigarettes, with the filter end lit by mistake.

7 Likes

‘Pencil wreaths’; it seems like this should be something that could be blamed on the likes of Martha Stewart… except even Stewart’s crafty, DIY crap never looks that tacky…

O_o

12 Likes

i seriously don’t understand what is wrong with her arms and hands, that she can’t seem to wear a coat or gloves properly. i mean, coats have SLEEVES for a reason… if she wanted a cape, just wear a damn cape!

3 Likes

I’m still making-believe that Turkish Delight, made from scratch from fresh ingredients, is probably much better.

6 Likes

Last year’s video featured plenty of collaboration and other creators. This year it looks like everyone else was fired.

2 Likes

I bet they ordered a gazillion boxes of pencils with that empty slogan and when no one wanted them, some staffer was tasked with getting rid of them. One late night with some shitty flavored vodka and a lot of glue… birthed this monstrosity.

eta: I predict next year the decorations will just be heads on stakes.

14 Likes