Melania's 2018 White House holiday decor includes blood-red trees and a 'Be Best' pencil wreath

I love how folks are way more focused on ‘Turkish Delight’ than on her awful decor…

*lolz

5 Likes

I actually started off not liking them. Then I had 2 turkish delights in Istanbul. I went on to finish the box.
So, Turkish Delight in Turkey, and more than ONE piece is the key.
I still immediately want to have more of them now whenever I hear the name. And no perfumed variety please.

2 Likes

Pencil Wreath is giving me a Kutná Hora Ossuary vibe.

7 Likes

“Warmth”. That’s what I see in those videos. Just so much human warmth. The current pairing are literally impossible of acting like they even like each other (their Thanksgiving photo made them look positively miserable to be eating together, like two people in a failing relationship that are staying together for the kid and would rather just read their phones right now but they have to put them away because its impolite and so they sit, and chew silently, and stare at a fixed spot wondering how their life choices managed to go so wrong). The Obama’s, meanwhile… “warmth”.

6 Likes

No joke, the only times her smile looks even half-convincing is when she’s hanging out with the Obamas.

10 Likes

Late to the party…but here you go internet

4 Likes

From your mouth to God’s ears.

1 Like

The row of red trees also reminds me of that winter holiday classic, what was it called?

Oh yeah, The Shining

9 Likes

This evocative documentary short manages to invoke imperious imperialism and languid loneliness at the same time.

2 Likes

I’m torn here.

On one hand I love the idea of unspeakable Lovecraftian horror as the theme for Christmas decorations.

On the other hand, I doubt that was the image they were aiming for.

9 Likes

Until I saw it on the pencil wreath, it never even occurred to me to wonder myself. I guess subconsciously Ive been inserting “Your” in there, because as trite and overused as that sounds, its something I can actually get behind. But now I think the silen t unspoken word is actually “the”, and its a statistical impossibility in the same vein as, “May the odds ever be in your favor”.

4 Likes

I read it as her giving advice to a child that has been bullied and beaten up for being a little different than the apex hunters of the playground.

“Be best. Like me. Millionaire super model. No one pick on you then. If they do, oligarch friends send surprise to bullies. So be best like me and life is easy. Don’t be a loser any more. Now go away.”

12 Likes

I half expect Mrs Trump to go full Lucy Jordan at any moment.

1 Like

It seems so sterile.

1 Like

Well.That was profoundly depressing. :frowning:

Jesus. That is really super. How’d a nitwit like you get so tasteful?

It’s a thing for evil masterminds.

6 Likes

5 Likes

jackass

12 Likes

Back in day the goatse jokes used to be a boing boing staple. Guess times have changed…