Men determined to kill Bigfoot

Right. I wasn’t thinking about the fossil record when I proposed South America. Although I included Asia because I know of Gigantopithecus, which is like 1:1 sasquatch. Like it’s what I think of when I think of sasquatch.

Here’s a photo of a reconstruction that shows what Gigantopithecus’ proportions could’ve looked like:

1 Like

Finding a living relative of those guys in Asia would be awesome, if extremely unlikely. I’d be hard-pressed to imagine a way that a breeding-size population of those things could have made it to the Americas though.

They couldn’t. The fossil record pretty much halts about 100,000 years ago. Although it’s of not that these immense apes coexisted with both anatomically modern humans as well as homo erectus for tens of thousands of years.

Wikipedia doesn’t say anything about why they died out. I could speculate, but my batting average is pretty low in this thread already.

All I have to say is that these apes were fracking amazing, and it’s times like this that I kind of wish I had the grit to get a degree in a scientific field, instead of just putting in enough time to get a technical school degree in tech support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.