Men's rights meltdown at McDonalds

As a person with a serious mental illness, fuck you for doing exactly what you are accusing other people of doing. Psychiatrists can’t diagnose mental illnesses by watching low quality videos of people acting badly, and I have a feeling that you aren’t even a psychiatrist.

People who do not have mental illnesses get into drunken fights, steal things, yell at people, kill people, and on and on just as much as people with mental illnesses do. People who do have mental illnesses treat other people with consideration just as much as people without mental illnesses do. Associating vicious behaviour with mental illness shows extreme prejudice against mentally ill people on your part. Saying that a person with a mental illness is not responsible for their actions is insanely degrading. At times people are so completely unaware of their situations or the consequences of their actions that they truly can’t be held accountable, but this guy was yelling misogyny, not sleepwalking.

In my experience, people who sympathize with misogyny think that asking a man to apologize is “ruining his life.” In this case, no one is even suggesting he apologize. No identifying information about him appears in the post. It’s just a video of something someone saw in a public place.

Actions in public are public. I know that is scary. It scares the hell out of me. But if you act like an asshole in public it might get around that you acted like an asshole in public.

27 Likes