Merck CEO resigns from presidential council over Trump's refusal to condemn white supremacists

“Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President’s Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 14, 2017”

That must have been some yuge fucking idiot who appointed him then.

8 Likes

The Emperor has no clothes.

2 Likes

so which is it?

Is it silly for him to walk away from Trump now, and thus his doing it shows that he may actually be acting from personal conscience? Or is it that he senses the winds are shifting and he is getting out while the getting is good, in which case it wouldn’t be silly to walk away from Trump now?

2 Likes

NOW he remembers how to call out people by name instead of making wishy-washy statements condemning “all sides.”

19 Likes

Trump’s angry tweet = obvious butthurt.

9 Likes

President’s American Manufacturing Malfunctioning Council

3 Likes

Isn’t that libel/slander or something?

1 Like

Honestly, he just can’t seem to help himself. It is all the worse for being contrasted with the statesmanlike bearing of the previous incumbent.

3 Likes

I’m going to give this one to Trump. He is implying that Frazier will not lower drug prices. It’s a challenge to Frazier’s moral authority.

Of course, just like everything else in Trumpland, it’s more than possible for everyone to be a giant shitbag.

6 Likes

Trump is the Nelson Muntz of statesman.

(I get bonus points for German Nelson Muntz if you’re keeping score at home.)

3 Likes

True to form.

“C” for consistency?

2 Likes

Frazier was a member of the council as the CEO of Merck, not as Ken Frazier, citizen.
So naturally he resigns from the council as the CEO of Merck.
That’s all.

3 Likes

Maybe Merck has a pill or an ointment for that?

6 Likes

“Merck’s CEO was the only person of color in the council, which now comprises of 27 members. Twenty-four are white men and three white women.”

Not a single other member left.

7 Likes

It pleases me to imagine it’s a suppository…

a really big suppository.

1 Like

That’s one c-word you could apply to him.

Pretty sure that’s spanish Nelson.

Not anymore.

I’ve said this on the other thread, but it bears repeating. It took Trump three days and massive backlash to speak out against hate groups (which he didn’t do on Twitter so it doesn’t even really count in my opinion) and it took him less than an hour to call out the self-made black CEO that dared to take a stand against him.

9 Likes

that’s not an image i want stuck in my head. shiver

1 Like