Mexico offers to help with Harvey, puts Trump in awkward position

Kill 'em with kindness

6 Likes

When the real adults of the world stand up it looks like this. If we had adult leadership grateful acceptance could unite countries instead of dividing them

12 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Mex Gov is just f***ing with him, I’m sure there’s a smartass in the Chamber of Deputies just scheming on how to screw with the fasict

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, this is not even news in Mexico nobody’s really talking about it, not controversial at all.
To be clear, nobody’s complaining about offering help and nobody is gloating that we took the high road or some bullshit like that.

I could see that easily changing because of a few inappropriate strategic tweets though.

4 Likes

Or maybe they understand just how hard life is for those who are impacted and they choose to be of some value to them

5 Likes

Could be, no doubt in my mind that if he accepts it, they’ll actually follow through, but hearing stories from the parents & family members, i am certain there’s a lot of Mex citizens angered by the remark that the Mex Gov would help out people in the U.S. instead of helping them

They have a similiar Mexico First chant, but it only really comes out when the Mex Gov exposes itself of having funds for another country

Lots of Trump Steaks™ for those Texans made homeless by Harvey.

ETA ™; don’t want to get sued!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, but they’re only sending rapists and drug dealers to help.

:neutral_face:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Trump is visiting Houston today? Does he have property there he needs to shill/check on?

Maybe he needs to fill the rooms of a Trump hotel with staff and Secret Service for a few days to boost revenues in a down time?

3 Likes

He heard “rain” and just had to go. Wait until he finds out it’s not yellow.

3 Likes

There’s 130 million people in Mexico, there are going to be those people. On the whole, not a big deal though.

Never heard it, must be some fringe thing.

I’ll let you know if I start feeling bad the offer was ever extended. We may never know what all 130 million people think, but no significant discourse seems to be taking place.

2 Likes

My sympathy to your family. I can’t imagine how miserable it must be for people trying to raise their kids in that mess. The Mexican Government has every right to say fuck off to the US. after that idiots comments. I suspect that a lot to the trouble stems from the asinine US drug policy. The US creates a drug demand, a tiny handful in Mexico respond and the rich get richer on both sides while common people suffer. I hate that it happens like that but I know a lot of people don’t judge the people of another country by the government leaders. Thank god because the whole world would rightfully hate us for some of the idiots we’ve allowed in office

1 Like

Now that’s just plain nasty! I love how your mind works!

1 Like

Will there be lots of Harvey’s for those made homeless by Trump?

1 Like

dollars to donuts that stupid USA hat is made in China.

3 Likes

Yup, just being good neighbors and decent human beings is brilliant counter-driving trollies of Il Douche. I’d say we are so royally and utterly fucked, but my state has its worst climate disaster in history to deal with, and deal with it we will with the help of the rest of the US and Mexico and not President fucking Spray-Tan.

5 Likes

I’d like to think that, as in 2005 after Katrina, it’s neighbors offering help, because that’s what good neighbors do. Nobody thinks twice when there’s a disaster or emergency in Canada/USA and good people on the other side of the border jump in their trucks to help out. In a perfect world, it should be that way with Mexico too.

Still, they wouldn’t be human if there weren’t buried smiles over Trump’s reaction.

4 Likes

Doing the right thing is its own reward, but good on Mexico for the extra perk of embarrassing Trump.

5 Likes

Well, on behalf of Houston, we don’t want trump here and we didn’t vote for him. I would welcome the Mexican President any day, he has behaved with class in a time of need.

5 Likes