Michael Cohen admits violating campaign finance laws re: Stormy Daniels at Trump's direction

Oh fucking PLEASE tell me that this is all going to take Pecker down too…

2 Likes

Ok - how does this play out. This is New York prosecuting Cohen, so does his admission become evidence in a separate charge against Trump? That would not play out until Trump was no longer president. And this is a campaign finance violation, so it has nothing to do with Russia and the Mueller investigation it would seem.

So no fall out from this until Trump is out of office however that comes about…?

2 Likes

Don’t you find it ironic despite the constant posts about how shit Twitter is, and how it is shit for long for posts, it is still being linked vs to a more traditional news outlet?

3 Likes

cheers

We seem to have proven the existence of witches.

5 Likes

Futures markets responded quickly to Cohen’s implication of the president in criminal acts, with S&P futures slipping in after-hours trading

This is like the curtain pulled back on Wall Street’s true feelings - I find it incredibly sad that the state of mind of Wall Street feels that things will be worse for them as things go bad for Trump. Its exposes that all their incentives are wrong, that they would fear the outcome of a criminal president perhaps being put out of office. Obviously the rule around Wall Street are backwards - they should feel their prospects rising with the deposition of a crooked president. We have to see that the rules are made so.

7 Likes

“It’s his word against mine, and he’s a lying sack of shit!” – attributed to Donald Trump

1 Like

Mmm - I think it has more to do the fact that lack of stability fucks with the economy. Impeachment, if it happens, is going to cause some anxiety - more so than now. (It will probably get better soon, but still.) And from an international point of view, it makes the US look weak.

6 Likes

I was there, Marge. The clown is g-i-l-t-y.

1 Like

The US is weak. Have we ever been weaker?

2 Likes

Sure. We used to not even have a Navy.

6 Likes

Jesus christ.

Cohen’s attorney is on Maddow right now throwing Trump under the bus and being very, very careful to not say that Cohen is not cooperating with the not investigstion into not collusion. Wink. Wink.

Directly stated that inducing Cohen to make those payments was a crime. Directly said the Russia meeting was about subverting the election with a foreign power. Dropped hints that Cohen was prepared to tie that to Trump for Mueller. But wouldn’t call it cooperating. Wink. Wink.

No this is the federal DOJ. Its just in the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York. Which is the DOJ office that covers Manahattan. Specifically this was sent to the Assistent US Attorneys that cover public corruption. A normal, established office whose beat just happens to cover this sort of thing.

If cohen is cooperating then he’d be providing evidence and corroboration to the investigation (or investigation s) themselves as they seek to find info and figure out who and what to charge. Any testimony he gives against other people would be pursuant to seperate charges or indigtments.

Mueller is a firm can’t charge a sitting president guy. But he’s also a big unidicted co-conspirator guy. Which is what was done with Nixon to side step the sitting president issue. So anyone else (and we’ve got additional parties besides Cohen and Trump in that plea) who is charged; Trump could be named as an un-idicted co-conspirator to make the implication explicit.

8 Likes

It’s the “tw…” sound I object to. Twee, twitter, twit, twat…

1 Like

Hold up. Are you disappointed in boingboing?

2 Likes

I refuse to make any kind of judgement on Cohen or Manafort until I hear what “Q” has to say about it.

Nevertheless, I’m sure everything is working out as planned.

/s

4 Likes

No Collusion! No Collusion!

2 Likes

True, but if impeachment talk gets serious I’m kinda nervous about what Trump would do, heck, if he loses the election I’m nervous about what he’d do (this is a guy inventing fraud complaints for an election he WON).

There would be a definite period where people would be wondering if he was going throw a hissy fit and try to invade Iran or invite Russia to invade something.

6 Likes

ALL the likes.

1 Like
5 Likes

If its like vote for me or I will help the russians in an action against US assets, then there will surely be a military coup.

Right. He name dropped the most popular single malt in America. And made sure to specify it was the 12. The standard bottling.

Its a bit like casually dropping that you own a BMW 2 series. Its a nice luxury brand. But theres nothing particularly unattainable about it. And thats the cheap one. And then you make sure to specify that its a base model. And you bought it used.

Thats a nice buy for my retired dad who wants a fun weekend car. But its not exactly an effective casual brag.

Rather a lot like an ostrich skin jacket that looks like its off the walmart clearance rack.

Please. I’m an alcohol professional. I’ve put together whiskey menus. I’ve been paid (in whiskey!) to teach other people about whiskey. I know so much about this garbage I was getting recruited by the biggest wine and spirits wholesaler in the US. I went to a beer company instead for various reasons.

But you know what you learn when you really know the ins and outs of wine, spirits or beer?

How many of the “rules” are abject bullshit.

So we’re asking for citations for personal opinion now?

2 Likes