Michael Dorn is the most prolific Star Trek actor of all time

8 Likes

This article notes that it comes down to what you mean by “appeared.” Dorn has the most on-screen appearances, but Barrett wins pretty easily if her vocal performances are included. (I think this article leaves out the animated series, but she wins even without it.)

1 Like

Well, there was this one: Heart of Glory (episode) | Memory Alpha | Fandom

2 Likes

Related to that, I’ll bet that it would be relatively easy to use all her past recordings to train an Alexa-style AI voice, if it hasn’t been done already. If her estate was ok with it we could see her performances in many future Star Trek episodes.

Did that real-life Siri voice lady get credit for being the voice of ’Puter inThe Lego Batman Movie?

2 Likes

Given that her estate is part of the general Roddenberry estate… I’d say yes! :grin:

I don’t know… :thinking: it’s probably up on the IMDB if so.

2 Likes

As far as they’re concerned, it’s a comedy.

3 Likes

There’s also probably plenty of episodes that the computer didn’t say anything.

If you want to see some real Klingon slapstick you gotta go with Titus Andronicus.

“Ha! That pie gag gets me every time.”

11 Likes

Limiting it to ST appearances, yeah, I think you have to be right – that makes Michael Dorn the second most prolific Star Trek actor! I might accept a modifier of “on screen appearances,” but I think even then I’d want credit to Majel Barrett for all of those acting apperances even if she wasn’t technically on screen. (Unless you go with The Enterprise’s Computer == The Enterprise, in which case I’d say she was very much on screen, in fact on screen as different characters!)

3 Likes

I’ve caught his voice doing voiceovers in a number of commercials - particularly for cars.

3 Likes

Combs has already played an evil AI on the Lower Decks animated series - and I might add he was awesome as that character too.

6 Likes

**“Patrick Stewart… Imma let you finish… You’re a great Shakespearean actor… But Michael Dorn is the most prolific Star Trek actor OF ALL TIME!” **

(don’t have the mad p-shop skills to put Patrick’s head on Taylor’s body)

1 Like

Sarcastic Blink GIF by Nickelodeon

4 Likes

It’s all about the ending. Hamlet achieves a beautiful death, defeating a dishonorable conspiracy of foes.

8 Likes

Also, from conversation with Nick Nicholas, the biggest trouble he had was with “To be, or not to be?”.

Because tlhIngAn Hol does not possesses an infinitive case nor a copula nor the possibility of that sort of existential angst. IIRC, the nearest he could get was to use the verb “to live”, and the phrase translated back into English as something like “I live or I do not live? That is a question. I live! It is better to defeat your enemies.”

4 Likes

Thank you! I haven’t caught up with Lower Decks yet, but I’m planning to. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it.

5 Likes

If they had lines, this is the case.

With Love Hug GIF by amba-amba

2 Likes

I’m late to this party, but I see no reason Dorn and Barrett can’t both be honored as the most prolific Star Trek actors. Dorn for the most on screen Star Trek acting credits, and Barrett for most total Star Trek acting credits, including voice only work.

9 Likes

Can’t we just bring Majel Barrett back from the dead and have her and Dorn fight to the death, Klingon style… it is for honor, after all…

he never smiles star trek GIF

7 Likes

He doesn’t act very human OR very Klingon

Of course, being the only Klingon child in Moscow (or wherever he grew up) might not have made him popular with his human schoolmates—he would have been hanging out with the other alien kids

which on Earth would’ve meant Vulcans :thinking:

3 Likes