Mike Huckabee: Ted Nugent good, Beyoncé bad

I carry the tools I need to change a tire in my car and do it myself, thank you very much.

And I drive a Euro car (VW) and am pretty far left.

1 Like

Eeeewww.

Too soon to call. There will be a lot of noise from various wannabes. Or wannabees, trying to get some buzz for them.

Control group for the claim, please?

1 Like

When I was younger, I had a few cars that required I fix stuff and broke down on me. It made me hate it, so I don’t do anything to my own cars other than put in gas… I wouldn’t change a tire unless I couldn’t get a cell signal, and that is basically never.
We also are very liberal and own euro cars - one each VW and BMW - holy jesus we’re the worst of the worst west coast elite…
Huckabee buddies nightmare!

Those Thunderbirds have fallen to the lowest economic rungs in my neck of the woods. If they’re driving dickish, it’s because the car is in such sad, sad condition.

Case in point on the “Bubble” fallacy: I looked up out of curiosity the election results by district in Texas. Broadly, just about every big city either was a Democratic win, or at least a close race (with only one outlier).

There was a lot of democratic wins along the Mexico border. I am not sure what you’d call that, but it is not bubble shaped.

Texas is solidly red, though, because there is a LOT of sparsely populated counties that vote Red.

Check it out yourself:

http://gis1.tlc.state.tx.us/

Agreed. But evidence of Huckabee’s … let’s be generous, and call it…‘inconsistency’ is valuable in this context, particularly since he ran in 2008 as a social conservative moral guardian type and will again if he does run next year.

Texas will be a blue state before too long.

1 Like

Then again, the brand does have within it’s ownership ranks a LOT of enthusiasts that have new and old versions and regularly wrench on the older ones themselves. You’d be surprised. Not me, however, I like to leave that stuff to people who really know what they are doing.
In fact, if you google E30 or E28 trunk tool kit, you’ll see factory tool kits that were included - instead of golf bag schematics. The modern era cars are most certainly more luxury across the line, but there’s still that German engineering for being a driver’s car in there, especially in the 2, 3 and 4 series…

1 Like

Obama was reelected, so Nugent must be either dead or in jail.

3 Likes

Can I just say that many of us In Michigan were delighted when he decided to go down and join the other world that is Texas. For those in Texas that aren’t completely red, I’m so very sorry you have to put up with him now.

It’s funny how he’s picking on the lyrics a woman sings to get all bothered about. I’m sure it was nigh to impossible for him to find any men whose lyrics were oversexualized. Mercy heavens. :scream:

2 Likes

These days, probably so. This theory of mine is quite old, however, dating to back when they were still making tenth-gen T-Birds (and their corporate twins, the last V8 Mercury Cougars, which were essentially the same car). Those cars had much of the performance potential of the Fox-bodied 5.0 Mustangs of the era, but with a slightly spiffier cache to them. To this day I still don’t know why I always noticed those cars being driven in rude, dickish ways, much more so than the contemporary Mustangs and Camaros of the era. But… for some reason I did.

I know those guys must exist somewhere, since I’ve certainly heard of them. But for whatever reason, I don’t know anybody who knows any performance BMW enthusiasts who wrench on their own rides.

But gearhead circles don’t always overlap. My buddies were all NASCAR fans (you might have seen us down at Cajon Speedway back in the day), not an F1 fan among them, and outside of our American Muscle focus, we knew guys who were into the Japanese tuner scene, but that’s where our horizon ended.

My old roommate is one of those few. Unix guru/mad scientist gearhead type. (defunct blog here: http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/)

His first sporty car was a '93 Toyota Supra that he modified with all sorts of stuff. Internal parts only, mind you. Never bothered to get the scratches buffed out even. Next car was a Firebird Formula LS1 that he made go around corners like mad. Then a Mazdaspeed something or other (never saw that one).

His current project is some sort of BMW. Can’t say I know much about it. Anyways, point being, exception to the rule.

Hmm… '93 Supra, LS1 Formula, Mazdaspeed…

Yep. The guy knows what can go fast!

Kid Rock is one contemporary example (though admittedly he doesn’t often wear a cowboy hat.) He’s a conservative activist who lent his music to the Romney Presidential campaign and performed at the 2012 Republican National Convention.

Like Nugent his music often celebrates sex and drugs and violence in ways that would make most conservatives flip out if the same lyrics were performed by someone with a higher melanin content. But Kid Rock is O.K. because he identifies with real Americans.

4 Likes

Mike Huckabee is responsible for the rapes and murders of two women. He has no right to criticize anyone.

Details here.

Did he eat both of them?

WTF?

Wait a minute officer
Donґt put those handcuffs on me
Put them on her and I’ll share her with you

What a cucking funt.

How much do you wanna bet that there is some truth to the Nugent story.