Mike Pence greets an NRA crowd that boos right back (video)

Originally published at: Mike Pence greets an NRA crowd that boos right back (video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Are you trying to jinx this thing?

Lots of people said the guy stood no chance in 2016, and that was not a helpful attitude. With the country more polarized than ever, anyone who receives the GOP nomination stands a chance, and we need to take that very seriously.

Edit to add-
Far too many people in this very forum were dismissive of his chances the first time around, so here’s a reminder of the discussion from that time, lest we forget:

23 Likes

It’s worse than that. The Fed is hell-bent on crashing the economy, raising rates even though inflation is clearly in check. (Except for food prices.) They’re going to do it just in time to sway people’s votes, which as the political scientists tell us, are mostly based on the one year before the election. It is maddening.

12 Likes

Just about 10 months to go before the Iowa caucuses and then we’ll never hear from Pence again - except at J6 trials.

*crosses fingers

11 Likes

Mike the Waiter Pence still does not get it that his career is over. So Sad.

6 Likes

Sometimes I momentarily feel bad for him getting abused for doing the… well, not right thing, but not doing the wrong thing, but then I immediately remember that he’s a total a-hole who deliberately puts himself in these positions knowing full well what the response is going to be. So let me also just say: “Boooo!”

10 Likes

There’s no flies on pence :smile:

8 Likes

I wonder when it will finally dawn on this idiot that these people were all happily cheering for his actual bloody death if it meant Trump got to hold onto dictatorial power. Not a single one of these people would ever vote for him.

14 Likes

Oh, he knows.

But he’s also a grifter. And he’s gotta grift.

6 Likes

Or even if it didn’t.

They didn’t storm the Capitol with any clear idea of how it would help Trump regain office. They did it because they were angry enough to burn it all down.

8 Likes

Nah. He was an evil scumbag as Governor of Indiana. He doesn’t deserve credit for NOT being a criminal. Especially since he had to be talked into it.

13 Likes

This is not helpful. People need to believe that if they don’t fight like hell, then Trump will be president again…because that is in fact the hard, shitty truth.

10 Likes

There are a definitely a number of ways Trump could take the White House in 2020 2024. As just one example, Biden’s re-election is predicated on the idea that he remains alive and healthy between now and the election. And I certainly hope he does, but I’m not blind to the facts that

1. Biden is already the oldest person to ever hold the office and three years older than the average American life expectancy
  2. Over the history of the United States almost 18% of U.S. Presidents died in office

Not the kind of odds you’d want to bet the very existence of the country on. So yes, we absolutely must not take the threat of a Trump candidacy lightly.

[ETA: I just realized many might misinterpret this as a critique that Biden is too old to be a good candidate for President. I don’t think he’s too old to run again as long as he and those around him are mindful and honest about his health. I just mean that the future of the nation shouldn’t hinge on any one person’s health and Biden is at least as mortal as anyone else who has held the office.]

13 Likes

I’m not going to dismiss that possibility outright but at this point it’s 2024 I’m concerned about.

6 Likes

Yeah, my flashes of sympathy are totally misguided, but it always takes me a (fraction of a) second to remember that.

3 Likes

D’oh!

5 Likes

It’s sad seeing such levels of self delusion in a guy whose job is in a large part reading the public.

OTOH - it’s Mike Pence- he deserves whatever he gets.

9 Likes

from your keyboard straight to the earless being I don’t believe in. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

“Booo! You’re a fascist, Mike, but not as fascist a fascist as we want leading us! Booooo!”

8 Likes

I hope Mother wasn’t around to hear that.

7 Likes