Pence ends campaign for President

Originally published at: Pence ends campaign

4 Likes

May he one day rot in hell, where he belongs…

Bye Bye Goodbye GIF

23 Likes

When a sizable chunk of your potential base is comfortable with the idea of killing you for permitting an election to stand, you’re not likely to win the next election. Who knew?

24 Likes

Acquiesce Whelp GIF

15 Likes

I thought I sensed a ripple in the aether; as though the tiny voice of someone with the personality of wet toast squeaked in frustration and was silenced.

11 Likes

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

9 Likes

He and his convictions got a big head start long ago.

2 Likes

So close!

… well he certainly had the physical ability to say crazy words on the podium in front of Congress and announce that Trump was the president-elect, precipitating a Constitutional crisis

Who had the power to overrule him if he had done so was not clear, but at least that one time he spared us all from having to find out :grimacing:

8 Likes

Ends? Did he actually think he had a chance?

What a waste of money that could have been used for other things, like going away and spending the rest of your life in a comfort most of the rest of the country will never see.

Same goes for most of the people running for President right now, go away and spend time with your family and quit trying to screw up my time with my family.

Side note: The commenting loop of death is still happening.

1 Like

Space and spelling make all the difference.

Ahead on the polls / A head on the poles

Well…

14 Likes

This little guy?

Mike Pence's Fly

8 Likes
2 Likes

May he one day rot in hell, where he belongs…

Surrounded by unrelenting succubi…with Mother staring on in disapproval…

Licking Fingers Wow GIF by Wind Sun Sky Entertainment

He might have seen at least some traction if he’d at least dug into that position instead of the weaksauce “the election results were legitimate but I won’t openly denounce any person who tried to overturn them, even though many of those people came to kill me.”

Maybe he was angling for the invertebrate vote.

3 Likes

He could’ve been the next G.H.W. Bush or Nixon or… Coolidge?

Not as many republican VPs get the big job as I thought. Teddy Roosevelt?

I’m surprised no-one posted this yet:

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

Who was behind Pence’s campaign anyway? Was it some billionaire’s pet project they got bored with now?

3 Likes

Pence should be forced to take his presidential election campaign to full term.

(not my joke.)

13 Likes

“It’s become clear to me: This is not my time," Pence said …

I think it’s a little presumptuous of Pence to imagine that he has a time, but I guess if he didn’t think that, he wouldn’t have begun such an obviously-doomed candidacy.

We do owe Pence the very smallest vote of thanks for not going along with Trump’s attempted coup and, arguably, helping prevent the thing going any further. That might seem like the bare minimum we could ask of an elected official in a democracy, but if Trump had known how things would play out, he would have picked a VP who wouldn’t even do that much.

4 Likes