Mike Pence pisses away $200K+ in taxpayer money at staged protest

My old Scout leaders have that part of the manual.

2 Likes

Step 3: Turn around and bend over.

Some people really WANT to be offended. They derive great amounts of energy from righteous indignation. Feeding that need is an easy way to get viewers and votes.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Meanwhile, former NFL coach Mike Ditka says there hasn’t been oppression in the past 100 years. Unreal. I guess he thinks Rosa Parks was fake news, not to mention the myriads of other examples.

6 Likes

The key is “that I know of.”

There is no capital of Vermont, that I know of.

There is no square root of 457, that I know of.

There is no historical context for current events, that I know of.

It’s the reality escape pod of the morons.

10 Likes

What scares me about people like Mike Pence, Mike Ditka, Jerry Jones, Donald Trump…is that they are old white men. I am going to be an old white man someday.

My only wish is that I am immune to whatever crippling disease has afflicted them.

11 Likes

As someone who grew up in Arlington, I’d suggest you’ve already answered your own question:

Yeah, yeah, I’m a broken record

1 Like

Oh, don’t worry. There’s plenty of enlightened Old White Men out there. Unfortunately it’s the Trumps and Pences of the world that are fucking things up for everybody else by being the loudest voices.

This is what needs to change.

4 Likes

Here’s an interesting rule for all (including civilian contractors) when on an AF base:

During the playing of Reville, Retreat and the National Anthem daily, even as a civilian or in civilian clothes, you should stop and face the flag or the music if walking and stop your vehicle safely if you are still in your vehicle. While in physical training gear, you should stop and face the flag or the music, but saluting is not necessary. All of us who regularly work at Travis [AFB] should already know these basics. If you are sponsoring guests including contractors, you should inform them of these requirements. As 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. approach each weekday, you should turn down your radio so you can render the proper respect and fulfill the requirements of Air Force regulations and Federal Law.

2 Likes

And that is proper and perfectly acceptable on a military base.

In sports stadium? not so much.

2 Likes

Unless, as a contractor, I agreed to abide by US Military Rules and Regulations this is still not true.

Call a plumber and they are there to fix pipes. If you agreed up front that their time if yours and you’ll pay for their time to stand quietly and observe the flag, hat off – then it was agreed.

US military bases are subject to the Constitution and Federal laws.

2 Likes

I can understand this perspective…maybe I have a bit of a “when in rome” mindset.

Additionally…a plumber, on the job at 7 am?! come on, be realistic. :smiley:

2 Likes

Gonna need a lot of bears to get that group out of the way.

Ooh, sneaky what u did dere. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Even if Pence had stayed for the game, I don’t understand why American taxpayers are paying him to attend a sports event in the first place.

How is this official business? Someone please tell me what benefit supposedly accrues to U.S. citizens.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.