Miracle calf in India born with "human" face!

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/07/miracle-calf-in-india-born-wit.html

1 Like

“It’s a miracle… [this] avatar has most definitely created a devotion feeling amongst the people.”

That’s how I feel about my own avatar.

7 Likes

Hydrocephalus is not uncommon in calves. Have these nimrods really never seen it before? Do the religious scammers need a new cause to keep the grift going?

6 Likes

I saw Jesus on my toast this morning. Whole wheat, of course.

4 Likes

18 Likes

I saw FSM in my pasta!

10 Likes

Somebody explain this to me.

11 Likes

Reverse Minotaur?

That’s one ugly human face.

4 Likes

This is the same mentality that sees Trump and thinks “presidential.”

2 Likes

4 Likes

By jumping off a cliff.

4 Likes

“Dante, who was familiar with the writings of the ancients but not with their coins or monuments, imagined the Minotaur with a man’s head and a bull’s body (Inferno, XII, 1-30).”

1 Like

Too Soon!

Missing something… hmm… oh I know!

There. Fixed it.

I’m as much of a misanthrope as the next misanthrope, but come on, we’re not that ugly.

4 Likes

So is this just the ordinary human appetite for spectacle and news of the weird; or is there an unpleasant chance that it’s catering to the same people currently playing at emboldened Hindu nationalist cow-protection vigilante groups and other…deeply unsavory and incidentally cow-themed developments?

I’m pretty sure that’s a baby spice navigator.

11 Likes

Fortunately we educated Westerners would never fall for this kind of malarkey.

That’s why it was a question: Good honest enthusiasm for weird animal deformities is something I’d expect from anyone; so that being the motivation is essentially the null hypothesis; more or less unsurprising in any time or place.

Cow-tinged religiosity with a sometimes alarming penchant for violence is a more specific phenomenon; but one that has done pretty well under the Mhodi administration, and is hardly necessary to explain interest in weird deformed calves, but is definitely a thing; and might well take a particular interest in such matters.

The same question was on my mind.