Misogynist internet grifter arrested after humiliating tweets gave away his location, or why you don't mess with Greta

Musk’s reinstatement of Tate’s account did some good I guess?

This makes Ben Shapiro’s self-owns look like minor league stuff. C’mon Ben, you can do better!

16 Likes

One and the same for him.

2 Likes

(holds Monkey’s Paw)“I wish I was 10 times more famous, and lived in a huge house with hundreds of guards!”

27 Likes
66 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

28 Likes

Level boss?

istockphoto-1026444760-612x612

26 Likes

The Daily Show Boom GIF

23 Likes

Right?

As usual when it comes to spelling out the manifestations and machinations of toxic masculinity, she is on it!

22 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

16 Likes
16 Likes

the Romanian authorities knew exactly where he was. it’s not like he keeps a low profile. More than likely someone was being paid to not notice. By posting that video with that pizza box, Tate nuked the plausible deniability that was keeping him safe. Unless Jerry’s Pizza did international deliveries the Romanian authorities were pretty much forced to arrest him.

8 Likes

TBF, my recycling program doesn’t allow it, or any other items contaminated with food or grease.

6 Likes

Oh wow, a great pitch for a new copaganda show.

The present: A failing pizza franchise in a major city is approached by a soon-to-retire police detective who just can’t forget the victims and crimes in his old filing cabinet of [unsolved] cold cases. His boss owes him some favors and manages to scrape together enough money to fund “Operation Cold Pizza” and lends him a few extremely social-media savvy rookies to staff it up. (Extra points if the rookies are gay, POC, trans, wimmin, neurodivergent, people with disabilities, immigrants, etc.)

Intercuts: Flashbacks to the past, when each cold case was not “cold” yet and he had the facts at hand, as the detective debriefs and is forced to relive moments of his failure.

ETA: I miss Columbo.

16 Likes

They make great sheet mulch int he garden, though.

10 Likes
15 Likes

Tate, a British-American kickboxer better known for his grossly misogynistic online persona

I think “online” is unnecessary.

22 Likes
6 Likes

If there are any UK/US prosecutors looking for a case to make their name; Tate’s ‘Hustler’s University’ which charged people $49 per month and promised huge returns if they recruit more users looks and smells like a Ponzi Scheme.

10 Likes

Did Andrew Tate’s video clapback to Greta Thunberg…actually help pinpoint his location and lead to his arrest?
A DIICOT spokesperson says, “Funny, but no.”

“When the legend becomes hilarious, tweet the legend.”
–The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

14 Likes

AFAICT Mr. Tate comes from the world of “combat sports” and was trying to set himself up as the next Joe Rogan :grimacing:

Who knows how many awful little man-things are still in that bucket trying to crawl out?

16 Likes